Ball Bering Gun

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by RepsolSam, Nov 22, 2014.

1. RepsolSam

RepsolSam Well-Known Member

Anyone here own a ball bearing Gun?

Wanting to get one for home use (target practice) some fun...

Anyone got any idea's were i can get one from? and any suggestions on type etc..?

Guessing you cant buy them second hand?

Sam

2. scooby

scooby Elite Member

is it the same as an air rifle?

3. Scott

Scott Active Member

Cats?

4. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Am guessing you mean a bb gun that fires the small round plastic pellets? Not sure if you need a an air rifle ticket for them have a look through gun mart loads of info there for them.

Prefer proper guns myself :D

5. RepsolSam

Like pellets, but instead its BB's..

Not a air rifile.
    But a hand gun

6. RepsolSam

7. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

8. RepsolSam

9. scooby

scooby Elite Member

goto a shop and ask would be the simple answer....

10. madfish2001

madfish2001 Active Member

You don't want a bb gun. Get yourself one of these instead. It's also good security for your bike. IMG_0039.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. coupe312

coupe312 Active Member

it all depend what you want sam and how much you got to spend

most "bb" gun have no riffling inside the barrels so int accurate in any way.

if you want cheap something like a G10 that made for it function not not form should be new around 35 quid.

one major thing is as bb are steel they tend to bounce all the time.

if you just want something to plink at cans with try and pick up a Webley tempest , Huricane. They have been in production years and for a cheap pistol are bang on for tin canning.

or if you have a bit more cash the weihrauch HW40 or even better Hw45.
    .177 for is cheaper to feed

but don't expect any real sort of power UK limits is 6ft/lb got caught with it higher and it is classed as a firearm offence

12. Ritchierich

Ritchierich Well-Known Member

Bored with the Xbox One already Sam or is it you've got posters up of those Italian Doctors who did your leg and your looking for some payback? :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Slick

Slick Elite Member

You can buy SH, but air pistols and rifles even under the limits of 6/12 Ftlbs are still covered under the VCR act. In the case of sales all transactions must be made face to face. It killed mail order sales in the UK.

Haven't bought one in while but the biggest shop in West London is Home | Woody's of Wembley | Londons Largest Airgun Shop best chat to them for advice.
    If you're nearer the South of London there used to be a shop in Wallington.

Bought and sold a few over the years. I'm more of an air rifle fan but have had a few pistols.
    Gunstar is one of the main places to buy and sell but join a few forums too, some good deals on there, but it all depends what you want, but beware the gas/ pneumatic ones can be quite noisy and attract attention from the neighbours.
    For plinking and generally can busting BB guns like the G10 are fun but if you are looking for a bit of accuracy you will need a 'rifled' pistol that uses pellets my fav is Webley Alecto - this gun will be more accurate than the user!

The gun you pointed out is classed as an Airsoft gun - also covered under the VCR act but under stricter rules as it is an 'imitation firearm' not sure on the exact detail but you either buy it in really naff colours i.e. orange or blue or be registered with UKARA. This with involve joining your local Airsoft club and attending over a few months/sessions before they give you an UKARA registration - IMO a total ballache a a bit silly as you can buy a potentially lethal air rifle/pistol over the counter with only proof of age! Also these can be hard to sell on as the buyer will also need to be UKARA registered.

14. iang27

iang27 Active Member

Don't get a cheap no brand gun. I got a TM 5.1 hi capa from Mike at Elite Shooting, he fully supports them with loads of upgrades.
    If you are not registered you need to get one with a painted slide but then you can order an alloy slide separately.
    They are great quality and are about £120ish, you can spend £100's though upgrading.

Elite Shooting Centre

15. RepsolSam

16. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

That's not a gun! This is a gun lol :D 5.56mm rifle with 40 mm grenade launcher, the taliban didn't like it up them!

Screenshot_2014-11-23-14-41-34.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. RepsolSam

Had a message back form the guy he said is licenced as a R.I.F? and i will need a UKARA licence for this? what does this mean?

18. RepsolSam

19. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Fancy an air rifle and doing some of this , helicopter tail woohoo !

20. Slick

Slick Elite Member

I’ve spoken to a few peeps regarding buying a RIF (Real imitation Firearm) as they all say different things so it is rather confusing.

But when I last checked (could be wrong!) you had to join your local airsoft club centre. After 3 days attendance and over a 2 month period you can obtain registration. After this point you can buy a RIF. There are exceptions to get one earlier but I have never made sense of it all.

Also note an Airsoft gun that is coloured ( the common colours are orange and blue) are not classed as RIF and therefore can be purchased without restriction (apart from age) – but they do look gash!

This brings be to my original gripe, you have all this legislation on a very low powered gun that shoots out plastic BB when you can buy, with less restrictions, 6/12ftlb air pistol/rifle that pings out lead and can easily kill!

Get a CO2 air pistol much less hassle!