Band Aid 2014

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Givover, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Givover

Givover God Like

Just heard the sickening news that Bob " bleeding heart " Geldof and puppet Midge Ure are to milk yet more attention for themselves and their B celeb has been cling ons all in the name of Ebola .
    At the moment Africa is awash with money and aid is being pumped in daily in the millions .
    Old Bob never one to be shy at picking up a guitar ( whilst keeping his fortune intact) along with Sting ,Bono and the usual suspects ...Strange not a murmur out of them to back or armed forces or the crisis in our nursing homes ......T***.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Scott

Scott Active Member

Well said couldn't agree more. Couldn't even look after his own kids. Harsh statement but seems that way

3. Scott

Scott Active Member

Oh and my ears will have to pumped with crap song for next two months

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

It will be worse this time one direction etc etc total tosh charity starts at home we have kids living in poverty sleeping on the streets yet we have £££ always to send abroad all wrong

• Like Like x 2
  5. Si.

Si. God Like

Agree.. More people impoverished in this country, dying everyday of cancer, the elderly can't afford fuel for winter...the list goes on.

ebola, there's millions upon millions of cash ploughed into it.... I wish people would just look what's around them in this country....

and....David Cameron has just pissed up nearly a £billion to the EU.

PRICK.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Givover

Givover God Like

Looking good Bob image.jpg image.jpg

7. Great Guy

Great Guy Well-Known Member

He looks like a "smack head".

8. Givover

Givover God Like

Or needs a good feed lol.

9. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

Ebola is very serious and needs containing ASAP. If raising more money through a re-run of band aid is going to prevent Ebola coming to this country and not effecting our population and my family then I am all for it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Scott

Scott Active Member

He prob is

11. Givover

Givover God Like

But dude it's not about Ebola it's about Sir Bob and his cronies promoting themselves again.
    Ask yourself a question ,since band aid 25 years ago have the likes of Geldof ,Sting ,bono ,George Michael ,Phil Collins ,Micky Jagger, David Bowie, ect ect got any poorer ? and as a side issue have Africans yet received a decent water supply ?

• Like Like x 3
  12. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

Well it was 30 years ago and who knows what evidence is there that non of the aforementioned stars didn't contribute some of there personal wealth? The problem is with Ebola you have to go TO it in order to contain it!! So it requires massive resources in terms of PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) for the personnel to contain it and medical facility's to treat effected people, plus we need to educate the local population in recognition and protocols for them to stick to-to prevent cross contamination This will cost an awful lot of money. My £25 won't effect my personal wealth but if my street/town/county etc donate hopefully it will generate more money to speed up the process.

Unlike Nuclear survival- Time distance and shielding

Unlike Chemical survival - chemical safety rule in force, immediate/operational decontamination

With virus' they are very complex and I guess the money generated will go towards an anti virus inoculation which will cost a horrendous amount of money per head.

With ref to water? Good question maybe as there is little rainfall in Africa plus it's so vast that pipelines from desalination plants (plus desalination plants themselves) are too expensive and Africa on a whole is poor. So wells are the only way for people to extract water.

13. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Bananarama birds looked fit back then , just saying :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. Givover

Givover God Like

image.jpg
    Guess who ? Yup trillions of pounds and millions of man hours won't get you running water but we can land on the moon and now on a comet ? Someone's getting very fat on this.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Original was better, and I told you the bananarama birds were fit !

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mad Matt

Mad Matt Absolutely Bonkers Mad...

I stopped giving to charities a number of years ago when i found out that the larger charities invested large sums of money donated into tobacco, alcohol and payday lenders...

18. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

• Like Like x 1
  19. Si.

Si. God Like

image.jpg

"I'm so mad about this Band Aid 30 single! Africa does not have Ebola: 3 countries in West Africa do. Ellie Goulding and One Direction singing 'No peace and joy this Christmas in West Africa, the only hope they'll have is being alive' is a joke and grossly insulting to my friends in Senegal, Ghana and Nigeria who'll be having a great time. Perpetuating this myth of Africa as a dark disease ridden continent is dangerous and wrong. Africa is made up of 54 wildly diverse and nuanced countries. There is poverty but there is also wealth, and from the places I've visited there's a joyfulness and magic that I've never experienced anywhere else. If you want to 'help' Africa listen to African music, read books by African authors, support African artists, go and visit it, lobby for better medical infrastructure but don't listen to this shit which pits them against us. The last thing Africans need is Bono 'reaching out and touching' them."

• Like Like x 1
  20. dave d

dave d Elite Member