Barcelona - Where to visit?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by IcarusGreen, Mar 5, 2013.

1. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

I've just booked a lastminute.com 4 day trip with my wife to Barcelona, Spain. Has anyone been and can anyone recommend me places to go?

the wife wouldn't be impressed with 'the race track' :rolleyes:

2. Si.

Si. God Like

Don't get mugged.

i believe it's lovely mate, plenty of gaudy-esque things to see, another place on my bucket list. Have a great time!

3. thefirebloke

thefirebloke Elite Member

Went to the zoo while I was there on the bike, fantastic place! got absolutely everything including dolphins. Reasonable price to get in, wifey will enjoy it too! They're not too PC like over here, watched a python with a rabbit sticking out of it's mouth albeit behind a glass partition it was only 18 ins from my face!

• Like Like x 1
  4. And7rp2

And7rp2 Elite Member

Ok I'll try to be to the point,
    La ramblers , watch for pick pockets they are rife, however there is a market half way down which is amazing
    Head down la ramblers towards Christopher Columbus statue there is a good maritime museum and shopping complex
    Back up la ramblers is placia de gracia this is the main shopping street, but half way up is the gaudi house worth a visit,also on this street is the main tourist bus stop again worth buying a ticket takes you all round barca
    Take a picnic up to gaudi park very nice if weather is any good
    The church sagrada de familia is impressive from outside but not worth the expense to go inside !
    Eating out is best in the gothic quarter but go inside much cheaper than the terraces do try the tapas bars they can look scary but the people are friendly and the food fantastic.Dont eat on la ramblers unless you take a second mortgage with you !
    The new camp stadium is awesome ( I don't do football but the sheer size once inside is shocking )
    Take the bus to the Olympic stadium whilst not much there one of the stops gets on the funicular ( cable car) above the city down to the marina which is good.
    Above all enjoy try to speak a bit of Spanish, they will laugh coz they speak Catalan which is another language all together but they like that you try.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Villan

Villan Active Member

Go to the placa de catalunya and get on the open top buses. They give a great tour and you can hop on our of as many times as you like.
    Parc guell was a great place if you like gaudi. Which I do :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

Planning on spending a bit of time in the gothic quarter.

7. Tom68

Tom68 Active Member

p.jpg f.jpg bf.jpg

#7 Tom68, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  8. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

I just thought you'd all like to know that the best thing about Barcelona is:

It smells of burnt two stroke oil everywhere!

9. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Icarus, Mate, I lived in Spain for a few years all be it a while ago and a couple of hours so further south but we used to drive north for a few days to Barcelona quite often, its a wonderful city and I cant say anything bad about it other then watch out for the crime, pick pockets being the most prevalent at that time. But don’t let that put you off; you get the same in London. What ever you decide to do there you will love it. It should be on everyone’s bucket list for a weekend.

10. MIKE

MIKE Active Member

Mate

I live in Barca, well just outside, but I'll knock up a list of places (bars) to visit, and things to do and see. I'll get back to ya later. Or am I too late? Have you already gone?

Cheers

Mike

#10 MIKE, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013