Basically on my doorstep :eek:

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by martinowen, Feb 15, 2013.

1. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

2. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Not nice. Makes you wonder about not being missed.

I had an unpleasant accident some time ago on the canal towpath not far from my house. After 10 or 15 minutes of rolling around in agony I realised that calling for help or waiting for a passer by to help wasn't likely so I manned up and climbed back on my bike to pedal, one legged, home. A night of trying not to cry like a baby through gritted teeth led me to do the impossible and phone my mother in law for help. She promptly rushed around and half dragged me to the car to shoot off to A&E. As we got to the place I face planted the road was blocked by wall to wall BIBs, stringing blue and white tape everywhere.

Turns out that not 10' from where I was rolling in the mud was the spot this poor sod was dumped just the night before my 'moment'. A chance look to my right and I may have been the one to discover him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/713848.stm

Funny. I'm not generally affected by things of this nature but, despite the painkillers I was living on, I lost a bit of sleep over what I might have bumped into.

It's odd, but reading the BBC report, they've got the date wrong. It was the 29th of January. I'm not likely to forget it as it's the reason I limp.

#2 kpone, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  3. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Seems like you were lucky not to see that ken, sounds like it wasn't a pretty sight!

I have not heard of anyone missing arround here and it says been there a while, it's sad that someone could have been missing that long and not be noticed/missed

4. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I didn't feel lucky at the time mate, but that was soon put into perspective when I saw the news.

Still. It was three months off work.

It's all relative.