Been busy

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Si., Aug 30, 2013.

1. Si.

Si. God Like

Haven't been on the bike for 4 weeks as We have been in the middle of a kitchen side return extension. Exterior walls removed, new electrics and a new kitchen going in the next few weeks which I'll be fitting with a mate. We are having a 46in led telly on the wall which I've buried all cables ready, and a home hub which consists of an iPad built into the wall ( again all cables chased in) which will be used for reminders, appointments, calendars and a remote itunes library connected wirelessly to 4 in-ceiling speakers connected to multichannel amps which will be connected to other rooms in the house for wireless streaming via jailbroken apple tv's. happy days as I'm a gadget freak. a ps3 for the kids will be wired in too.A new stainless range for my passion of cooking is on order, as well as a few gadgety cooking and kitchen stuff.
    I blunted and snapped 2 bolsters while chasing out, as the bricks in Victorian houses are hard as nails.... No sds drill here.
    A 5.3 metre steel lifted 4 metres from floor level into place by me and 3 other dudes without pulleys or fek all ended up with me cracking a bone in my wrist as it was already weak after my off 6 weeks ago... Ouch.

heres a few pics::

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Lighting will be in this Monday hopefully, and the spark is connecting up the electrics for the part p cert.

ill bang pics up when finished.

• Like Like x 2
  2. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

That'll look fab when finished mate.

• Like Like x 1
  3. thefirebloke

thefirebloke Elite Member

Hope this is a temporary break Si, you've been missed on our rideouts recently. Extension looks great by the way and I also have a range at home that I cook on, you'll love it mate.

4. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Looking at the extent of the work taking place Si, your absence can be forgiven.

So long as we get an invite to the grand opening ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Looks good mate, keep them pics coming mate that's gonna look graat when finished

6. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

Si it is looking really great. Bet you can't wait for it all to be finished and just plonking yourself down in the comfy chair and start playing with all that tech.

7. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Do need the before and after pics and looks nice Si

8. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Looks really good Si, I am sure you will be really proud of your effort when it’s all done mate.

9. Si.

Si. God Like

In wall iPad fitted, and 2 of the 4 in-ceiling speakers fitted. Also routed hdmi cables through the wall ready to connect to tv. Also, bought a 42in panny 3d led tv for the kids to play there ps3 games on... Fitting the wall bracket tomorrow.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Fitting the other 2 speakers tomorrow, along with the spotlights.

10. Si.

Si. God Like

Forgot to add, oak flooring going in this week hopefully after work, that'll keep me busy for the rest if the week. Going engineered as I believe solid isn't as stable? Anyway, I'm ordering it tomorrow for a tues delivery. Trying to get near as dammit Victorian esque 8in skirting to match rest if the house, nearest I can source is MDF 7in... Looks like I'm going to have to get that?

Akso , miss riding the bike a lot, feels like my arm has been cut off. May have to buzz over to givovers sometime in the week... But a ride is deffo on the cards next sun if weathers good! 20 hour days leaves little for bike time, but needs to be done to get finished.

11. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Ps3 games for the "kids" Are you sure Si???

12. Si.

Si. God Like

Yup...not interested mate. Haven't played games since I had delta force on pc years ago.

13. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Fair enough mate, liking that iPad in the wall though

14. Shing90

Shing90 Active Member

Extension looks great Si, quite inspiring. I am just going through the planning stage of a single storey wrap around extension to create a huge, modern kitchen diner. Vaulted ceilings, roof lights, bi fold doors, the lot as yours looks like. (The main reason the Blade has been sold to be honest) Good luck with it mate, looks a good job so far.

15. Si.

Si. God Like

image.jpg

All speakers in and working! Wahhaaay! Lights all fitted and working too. Bit of a bum clenched moment cutting holes for speakers, but my measurements where spot on. Used a bread knife to cut the holes as I lost my other serrated one the other day.

Trying out the new amp for streaming duties... Works a treat

Attached Files:

16. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

flash fecker

17. Si.

Si. God Like

#17 Si., Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  18. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

Looks fantastic, Si. Can't wait to see the finished product. And to think I was stressed out just getting a bit of building work and decorating done :D

19. JimGreen

JimGreen Active Member

Bike would make a great centre piece in there..............................

20. Si.

Si. God Like

Tv bracket fitted, tv tried on the mount to see if its stable:

image.jpg

Still needs roof sorting, all batoned and felted, but no slates fitted. Slates need cutting, and all numbered and sized ready for cutting and laying... Builder has sourced 4 roofers in 6 weeks, none have turned up when they said they would,apart from the one who batoned the roof..never to be seen again.. Twats.

Ive sourced one myself tonight, and told the builder he is to reimburse me the cost...