BeMoto Price Increases

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by TheMickster, Aug 10, 2023.

1. TheMickster

TheMickster Active Member

Hi All

Anyone with BeMoto had their renewal go up?

Been with them for 6 years. Mine gone up over £100 and as I’ve got three bikes on the policy they said my mileage has to be capped at 1999 per year per bike, and it will be much more expensive to increase the mileage, which doesn’t really work a the blade is the main one I do the most miles on. Might need to look around. 2 are more in the light refurb stage, still road legal but realistically only need fire and theft on them, in case they got nicked, but they insisted they all have the same cover, rather than just having laid up cover for them.

Noticed the last few years the staff when you call them don’t seem to be as clued up as they used to be too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Ritchierich

Ritchierich Well-Known Member

Yeah, my renewal went up, went on Comparethemarket, 500 quid cheaper with Bennetts, result.

3. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

I’ve recently been through a saga with Bemoto - renewal was up by 50%, went to Bennetts at in the end what i paid last year and with the same underwriters (AXA). Then 7 days after that policy started I went back and said I want to add the second bike I mentioned I’d be getting to be told would have to cancel and new premium was more than double. Ended up back at Bemoto

Your can read the full thing (if you are struggling to sleep one night :D:D) here….

4. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Bemoto bubble remains well and truly burst (for me atleast). Had been with them for 4 or 5 years, renewals were always a little bit cheaper each time. This year it's nearly doubled, they're blaming it on AXA no longer doing multi bike policies.

Bennetts did the job though and came within £60 of last years premium.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Same here, had been with BeMoto for 3 years paying around £320 for the Pani V4, it went down to around £220 when I bought the R1. Renewal came in January and it was over £500 !!!!!!:eek:

Quick MCN compare and it was Bennets who came out on top at £210 ......had to add in breakdown cover though :rolleyes:

BeMoto slogan used to be 'Run by Bikers....for Bikers' :D

The guy I dealt with asked me what bike I 'DRIVE' and was it manual or automatic :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. bradt

bradt Elite Member

Have had a similar experience with BeMoto as others have commented they certainly do not have the knowledge of bikes now and premiums are no longer competitive, so Paulo is the R1 that you drive is it left hand drive or right hand drive and it is automatic ?;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. bladey

bladey Senior Member

It's neither Brad. It's electric but the cable is long enough to allow him to go round the block, just o_O:oops:

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. bradt

bradt Elite Member

Aaaah OK that's excellent

9. raphael

raphael Elite Member

really hope you never have to use that policy mate, I had to and found out Bennett’s are total crap at best.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

You can find a bad experience with all insurers. Price is king for me, you're swimming with sharks regardless.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. bladey

bladey Senior Member

Good value is king for me. Agree you're swimming with sharks but not all of them are Great White's. I've had 5 bike claims over the years and only one was a fight to the death, and that was when I went for the lowest quote. YMMV.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Sounds very wise with your amount of claims mate! :D.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. raphael

raphael Elite Member

Exactly mate, the only one I’ve had big problems with was the lowest quote (Bennett’s) didn’t even want to pay out 99 quid for the police report that said the driver at fault was charged with dangerous driving, due care and attention at the seen and later in court when I was put in a coma and was left to me to get in touch with witnesses, the police and the other insurance company a month later when I came out of hospital. Biggest bunch of c..ts I’ve ever come across

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. bradt

bradt Elite Member

[ I was put in a coma and was left to me to get in touch with witnesses, the police and the other insurance company a month later when I came out of hospital.]

You all ok now though?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

He's a poncy southerner....he'll never be alright :rolleyes: :D

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. raphael

raphael Elite Member

All good ta mate

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. bladey

bladey Senior Member

OI! Less of it you Eskimos :mad::D

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Lol......steady on Bladey :D ;)

uO6-sN.gif

• Funny Funny x 6
  19. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Unfortunately as bikers, we can never know what some of these idiots on our roads will do next!! :rolleyes:

Price is king for me also though, as long as I know I've done everything I can to prevent my bike getting stolen by using multiple locks, ground anchor etc I can sleep soundly at night.

On the road, I try my best not to end up on the wrong side of a hedge and hope I make it home at the end of the day!! ;):D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Manofsteel

Manofsteel Well-Known Member

Be Moto renewal quote today up by nearly £200 bloody daylight robbery
    Tried a comparison site got some half decent quotes from Bikesure and MCN,but the proper kick in the teeth was the quote on confused.com for BeMoto £20 cheaper than I paid last year WTF someone tomorrow is going to get a right earful