beware firefox browser v67 update

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bonjo, Jun 21, 2019.

1. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

I am an old time user of firefox after opera changed to chrome engine.

Been happy with firefox and their updates until v67 came along. Totally confusing changes, launching two sessions, not importing bookmarks so on and so on!

I ended up uninstalling and re-installing from scractch and going through the all my personal setups again.
    Since v67, they have brought out v67.1, 67.2, 67.3 & 67.4 in the past 2 weeks.

Very uncommon with firefox and meaning they screwed up!

neddless to say I am staying away from these mini updates until at least few more weeks

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I'm a chrome man. Made for simpletons:).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nigel H

Nigel H Active Member

Update to 67.0.5 this morning.
    However I can't say I've noticed any problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Chrome for me. Consistent across my laptops (work & home), iPhone and iPad....makes for an easy browsing experience :)

5. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Chrome for me. Consistent across my laptops (work & home), iPhone and iPad....makes for an easy browsing experience :)

6. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Not had a problem with Firefox since the expired add-on extension certificate was sorted.

Use FF as my preferred browser now both on desktop and mobile. Multiple profiles and with the ad blockers and no script I can pretty much stop the trackers out there. Unlike Chrome which Google wants to tweak to prevent the decent ad blockers from working, <sarcasm>I wonder why</sarcasm>

7. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

I had the issues when it went from 66xx to 67.0. Maybe it is on my set up but bringing out 4 updates in about 2 weeks is very un-firefox like:eek:

chrome is also very good tried it but it is very resource hungry and slower than firefox which works for me running window 7 32 bit and 4 gb RAM