Bike Insurance Renewal

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Naz, Aug 21, 2023.

1. Naz

Naz Active Member

For those of you that don’t know, sports bike shop now have a comparison site for motorcycle insurance.
    https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/insurance

My renewal quote recently came back over double to what i paid the previous year, £200 to £457. 7 years no claims / accidents etc.

Searched other sites and the same high prices came up but used the sports bike shop site and I got prices from £201 not including additionals such as legal cover.

Worth a try for anyone about to renew.

• Useful Useful x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  2. TheMickster

TheMickster Active Member

Cool, yeah mine went up a load this year. got a load of mods (nothing crazy) on mine so have to go through the painful process of calling for a quote, computer usually says no if I try online :D. Just been on with Bennett’s and they had to send it off to the underwriter :rolleyes:

3. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

the devil is in the little prints when prices are low:)

4. Coda

Coda Active Member

Bennetts last week told me they now want 175 for my Ducati 748 when it was 120 last year. Yeah, not doing that.

My car renewal has just come around too, they put it on auto renew without my knowledge, it’s gone up from 300 to over 500. I had to call them because I couldn’t turn off the auto renew online.
    “Hello, why do you not want to renew with us?”
    Me “Because you’re taking the mickey”.

If you give in, a victim of extortion will be your lot in life.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. bladey

bladey Senior Member

Maybe it’s a post code lottery. On the other longer insurance thread not everyone has had those increases.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Coda

Coda Active Member

Not yet but I think it’s inevitable

7. warren smart

warren smart Active Member

I had 7 bikes on one policy with Carole Nash and they wanted to go from £560 to £910, I wanted to add my h2 and they then wanted another £500 and were told no, I’ve 15 bikes in total and a few are on chassis numbers that most companies wouldn’t quote for, I was told to try Peter James insurance and they’ve insured all 15 for £1900 with the mods.

8. TheMickster

TheMickster Active Member

I gave them a call, they’re more competitive than BeMoto, and unlimited mileage. Would just need to join a paid for bike club membership. Also they don’t take ncb into account and you don’t earn any, so guess I could use my existing ncb on another policy if I wanted to.

• Like Like x 2