Bike mags

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Kevin1, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

I really must read more of the written articles in the bike magazines I get every month, instead of just looking at the pictures. I always think to myself, yes I'll return to that one and give it a proper read later. But never do. Then I don't want to throw it away because I know I haven't read it all yet. Does this sound familiar or is it just me?

2. Pete H

Pete H Active Member

I only get the ipad editions now, means I have a years worth with me all the time, and I don't get told off for leaving them lying around the house.

Plus it's cheaper.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Same here Pete but just get the issues that interest me

4. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

I get Bike, magazine paper copy. I have already cancelled the subscription with a view to getting the ipad copy. I also get two American mags on iPad, firstly because they sometimes have decent articles in them (which I don't read properly) and the subscription is very reasonable IE Cycle World was only about £7 for the year.
    iPad subscriptions are great because they are all in one place, you can't really lose them, the dog doesn't lay on them when she is wet etc, but I still prefer my paper copy so much I'm thinking of continuing to get the Bike mag on paper. It suits my reading style better. It is a lot easier to put a bike mag down when you are serving in a shop than safely put an iPad down, then pick it up again then put it down again etc.
    Either way I need to read more of them, perhaps I get too many as I also subscribe to Stuff mag, MCN Sport and used to subscribe to What Hi-Fi (both iPad) too. I cancelled WHF recently because they wanted £35 for the year, or maybe it is because the pictures aren't as interesting.
    A bonus subscription is the FREE Honda propaganda mag excellent pics in there.

5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I buy MCN most weeks. I enjoy PB and Fastbikes but find the rest of the bikes mags don't keep my interest like they used to. I sued to get Superbike, Bike as well but find I scan more than read them.

Only mag I subscribe to is Evo Mag. But also buy Retro mag to keep me on top of new and old cars as well

6. The.kickboxer

The.kickboxer Active Member

I get a couple a month on the iPad, mainly due to my eyesight getting poorer and the zoom facility on the pad saves me wearing glasses. I also leave articles to go back to, usually at the end of the month when getting desperate for the new issue.

7. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Just Fast Bikes and Performance Bikes for me.

Both paper copies and both read on the shyter and no where else! ;)