Bike Trailer, collapsible.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Garyb, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Has any one had any experience with one of these before?

"NEW" MOTORCYCLE TRAILER "COLLAPSIBLE" | eBay

Just looking at all angles really, the amount of forum ride outs we are having this year has seriously got me considering something like this, it's one thing riding the bike, but a lot of negative miles can soon be added on to a journey, it would be so much less stress if you could travel by car take it off the trailer get your kit on, have your ride out, and it would IMO open up the distance willing to be travelled to a start point, or even traveling alone, if you fancy riding around a different part of the U.K for a few days?
    The trailer shown folds up and sits in the boot while your out and about, always somewhere to park a car, but sometimes not so easy with a trailer.
    Probably handy for the odd track days too?
    And much cheaper than going down the Pikey route?

Anyway the fitting shop are going to price the gear up for building one. They reckon I can get a lot more for the money, if they build it themselves, plus a few extras like a locker etc,
    You never know, I could be the first Northerner with my name down on a run organised for the South ;)

2. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Seems like a good idea as I never bothered with a trailor due to Hastle of storing it, this could just sit under the work bench in the garage

3. Simon

Simon Active Member

Had a bike rack from "Dave cooper" many years ago (still got it) that attached to the tow hitch so the bike sat width ways but is designed for light bikes 125cc etc, but very well Made. Also "motolug" do a similar collapsible trailer starting at about £600 (look them up on YouTube) which will fit into the boot/hatch of most cars . . was tempted myself but apparently because they are assembled with tight fitting pip pins over time the holes become elongated but to be fair they look the business and do them in a double too ! . . . . for the ultimate in ease of use check out "roro trailers" they can be collapsed but only to aid storage NOT for fitting in the boot again around the £550 mark but that is the one for me . . . one day lol