Bike Transport.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Mike07, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Mike07

Mike07 Active Member

I've just purchased another Blade. It's in Colchester, I'm in Whitley Bay. Contacted Shipley transport I've got it shifted 300Miles £137.00p Total. I think that's a very good price. I did have one quote for £122.00p But the other guy had good feedback on bikes.

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

That's an exceptional price. They can only do such a good deal when there's other bikes contracted for similar journey. I've paid a tad more for Glasgow to West Mids, and Doncaster to West Mids, but they were a couple of years ago.

Lately I have taken to hiring a van because I have my own ramp and tie downs etc. However, for your trip hire and fuel (let alone time) would well exceed your price. Well done!

What did you buy?

#2 nigelrb, Jan 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Mike07

Mike07 Active Member

Ho well, I've had a bit of a trilogy with blades, I started with a 2007, Loved it, but for various reasons sold it... then got two other bikes a GS and a crosstourer. Then I wanted a blade again so a 2016SP, didn't get on with it..... So I've been looking for ages for another 2007 low mileage, and I've eventually found one, its not quite stock, but I'll mess about till it is.
    Re Bike transport, one of the reasons it's cheap you need to give them a 10-day window.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Wes

Wes Active Member

I can honestly say that my one and only dealing with Shipley Transport was horrific. I contracted their services to move a RR5. I’m typically a calm person but these guys took me to a level I didn’t know I even had !
    Imagine, having paid them and hourly picturing the bike being here then there on it’s journey, hoping it’s not getting damaged etc. Ultimately the clock gets towards where your looking out the window at every vehicle noise, is it going to be ok, loads of things running through your mind,.....and then the clock swings away from your imagined arrival time. Don’t worry it’s all good I told myself.
    Eventually I couldn’t wait any longer and contacted Shipley to see where my bike was. I’ll tell you where it was. They had decided that they didn’t want to do the job any longer. They decided not to call, email or even txt. They just didn’t want to do it anymore.
    Unbelievably the guy on the phone explained “I’ve said sorry once and that’s it, you tell me what you want me to do”.......I said that maybe he could do what I had paid them to do and collect my bike and deliver it to me as agreed.
    It’s a long story after this and I’m not going to bother boring you but I felt totally let down. I don’t like that. I don’t let people down and expect the same. They never did end up delivering it.
    The bike did arrive 5 days later, professionally transported by a very nice guy who only deals with bikes.

Shipley (make you wanna puke) Transport. My experience only but pls definitely be aware.

• Useful Useful x 4