Biking great-grandad back home after 14 years

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Remal, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

2. barry107

barry107 Active Member

Great little story that.

It reminds me of a few years ago when I was 1 of 10 man army team who ran in 13 mile relays from Lands End to John O'Groats in aid of Marie Curie. When I got home, I told the missus that I was going out for a little shake out run and came back nearly 4 hours later, she did her nut thinking that something had happened to me :rolleyes:

No where near what this guy did.

3. Givover

Givover God Like

And I am sure she just sat at home waiting for him to land .Must have a fair wedge to disappear for that long but good luck to the dude it's perhaps what we would all like to do for a short while (just escape ) from the daily toil of boring work!

4. lambeth longshanks

lambeth longshanks Active Member

That is going some. 14 years!

5. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Nothing on this scale, however Bats and I got talking to a bloke on a GS at Hartside one Sunday, he being a single retired gentleman thought nothing of "his words" popping to the shops for a pint of milk, and thinking oh stuff it let's see how far I can get, ends up on a ferry and spends a summer riding the length and breadth of Europe.
    He told us all the aluminum luggage was always packed up ready to tour, just in case he had the urge.