Birthday list

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by kpone, Sep 29, 2012.

1. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Okay, I'm starting to put a wish list together for the impending drain on the resources. I am going to be asked by all and sundry what I would like, which always pisses me off as for the previous 11 months all I hear is "Ken's so easy to buy for". I don't want to scare people off but there must be some useful bits and pieces I can suggest. Not necessarily bike related, but stuff ill get a use out of and not be condemned to be what I call a 'loft present'.

So, I'm thinking.....

Gilles gear shift support, probably from Calsport, they seem the best deal and come recommended.

Bespoke standard suspension set up by Peak Performance. Again recommended, very local to me and cheaper than I expected. The guy lets you watch him doing it to so a thrown in tutorial.

I could do with a new pair of boots and saw a pair of TCX RS 2's today that I quite liked the look of, but the price tag made me do a double take.

One of my xboxes recently died and the other one is sounding a bit asthmatic.

So, any ideas for me to surreptitiously suggest to my nearest and dearest....?

2. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

In my experience Ken tell the better half what you don't want being what you do actually want and she will get what she thinks is what you really want which is not what you wanted but will get anyway, therefore getting what you did wanted because the lovely wife got it wrong?
    Just a thought

• Like Like x 1
  3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

That's just a thought?

I don't understand it and my PhD is in bollocks.

Example of why your plan, devious and intriguing as it is, just may not work.

I saw on the iPad that there is now a Haynes Thunderbirds workshop manual. Showed it to my beloved and said "You can get me this for my birthday". About an hor later she was speaking to her mother on the phone and the present issue came up. I heard her say "He told me something he'd like, but I forget what it was now."

So I've no doubt that your philosophy does work. The only flaw is, to succeed, there's a requirement for the other party to occasionally listen to what you actually say.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

I can't say I have ever been failed by Gills thoughtfulness pertaining to gifts for my past birthdays.
    She does take on board my suggestions as to what I would really like rather than having a load of crap that you unwrap give a polite smile and stick it on the back of a cupboard for eternity.
    That said, I haven't seen any evidence of a forthcoming Yoshimura R77 and a power commander 5 anywhere as yet?

Although I could never complain as the new Arai lid Nox gloves and Alpinestars boots are still a very much new news.

Carl, you didn't use to write songs for the spice Girls did you? :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. BlackDevil

BlackDevil God Like

IPhone 5 in white.......

6. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Oooooooh...........white........can't do white.......I'm the antifez as far as white.

7. Muffking

Muffking God Like

A good idea of a thread with xmas not far away, as I'm sure you've all been put on the spot by being asked what you want, so we could all come up with ideas.

Mines a new helmet, or money towards one, even though i love my old one, its just nearing the end of its days.

As for the forgetful missus, make a wish list in your ipads notepad and cloud it to her iphone (if she has one).

8. Milky

Milky Active Member

It was my 50 th yesterday and from the wife she's taking me to the Chris Walker race school next year. Then you says I could go and buy a brand spanking new bike. Result:D

9. Only1Matrixxx

Only1Matrixxx Active Member

Gilles gear shift support really is amazing!!

I have Jamie's used one and have not missed a shift since, and I was getting 2 or 3 per week maybe...

• Like Like x 1
  10. dave d

dave d Elite Member

• Like Like x 1