Bloody potholes!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by blade1980, Dec 8, 2012.

1. blade1980

blade1980 Active Member

Managed to bugger a tyre on the car today, clipped a pothole which damaged the sidewall of the tyre!! Beyond repair so nearly £ 90 for a new tyre just what I need!

2. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

Take a picture of the hole and claim from the council , i am sick of paying hundreds of pounds for all my road taxes every year ,to drive on feked roads,
    and what the hell are speed bumps about? you spend all your time looking for the line that is going to do the least damage to your car instead of looking for kids running out into the road.

Rant over. going for my cornflakes now to calm down.

3. thefirebloke

thefirebloke Elite Member

If you're going to challenge the council you need to take a pic of the pothole with an up to date newspaper in the background clearly showing the date. Also which I forgot to do, put a tape measure in the hole to show how deep it is, councils won't accept responsibility for anything less than 30mm and finally take a pic of the damage to your bike. Inform them of your complaint, at which point they'll have the hole filled in the day after receiving your letter, then expect to get a letter from them denying all resposibility. This is a standard letter much the same as an insurance company then it's up to you to take the issue any further. I dented the rim on my front wheel which cost me £70 to have repaired. Didn't think it was worth pursuing for such a small amount but if I'd crashed the bike as a result of the pothole then I'd push all the way.
    Good luck but don't hold your breath :(

4. rocket

rocket Active Member

earlier last year i hit a massive pot hole that ripped the wheel out my hands. stopped and checked everything over and all seemed fine which i was surprised at. after a month or so when i,d forgotten about it my nsf tyre kept dropping in pressure to about 15psi but wouldnt go any lower. i kept inflating it and it would be fine for another month or so. when i got the time i checked everything over and tyre was undamaged so i took the wheel off to put spare on then noticed a crack in the rim on inside edge. so i hadnt got away with it but too late to kick up a stink about it. good luck with getting a result!