Bloody Rain

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Carl, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Wifes away for the weekend so I've bin lookin forward to getting the Blade out and its been raining all day, Typical.

Went out for fish and chips and a Yammy R6 and pillion passed me, when I arrived at the chippy the biker and his girlfriend were in the resaurant side of the chippy looking like drown rats reminding me why I only ride in the dry?

Some times its better to be in a car??

Poor sods Lol

2. gray

gray Active Member

yea mate .. love my blade...but
    tried riding in the rain twice .. not for me

cars have ther advantages

3. Andrew

Andrew Active Member

I'm exactly the same, only really use the bike for pleasure and find none when i'm getting drowned!

4. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I went out on Tuesday night. Nice and warm, not much around. Turned around to come. Started to rain. It's dark, can't use my visor, so I'm getting a face full. The road is greasy, I've got a police car behind me, all the way home too, I'm as far from home as I can be and I'm thinking, the mrs is away, I can have what I want on the telly, as loud as I like, feet up and a beer, and instead......

5. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Hate getting wet through! But never turn down a ride if it's damp or wet from a pour... Improves your riding so much if you learn to ride quick in the wet..

6. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

It makes my arse pucker so much it's like a sat nav on a windscreen.

7. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

And as the above 2. My toy so unless I must I don't have any fun riding in the rain

8. exfire

exfire Elite Member

I will ride in the rain when I have to but it really takes away a lot of the fun out of riding for me. It does improve your riding skills but it slows me down too much as I am more worried about crashing my pride and joy....in the dry I don't worry about it. Thus in my case it really is an issue that I do not have as much confidence riding fast in the wet.

9. exfire

exfire Elite Member

We had rain all night, but now it's drying up, maybe, just maybe the chance of a dry ride, after BSB of course.

10. tonyblade

tonyblade Active Member

+1 on Andrew and remals comments, I've done the rain thing when I never had the choice, I had to ride in rain snow ice so I've done it loads in the past but now I'm in a position i can use my car and only use the bike for pleasure. eg dry so I can get it on! Can't do that safely when it's wet.

11. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Exactly. 30 years ago I had to ride my bike regardless of the weather and looking back I remember some crap days on the bike, but not as many great days. There must have been some, but the crap ones over ride the memories. I've got the best of both worlds now. As the guys have said, my bike's there for enjoyment. If I don't enjoy it then it's just masochism.