BMF bike show Peterborough May 19th/20th

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by Freedom of choice, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Is anyone planning or interested in going, do you what to make a night of it on the Saturday? and or Friday if you want to ?

The golf club where I am a member has great rooms or complete holiday lodges if you fancy all living in one place and all at reasonable rates of 49 for single or 78 for double. Not sure about the complete lodge weekend rental but I can find out if anyone is interested.
    The rooms are in two separate blocks away from the club house with tables in the court yards that are ideal in the summer for sitting outside having a beer etc. Bikes/ cars can be parked very close by and can be seen from the rooms. The complete lodges are also away from the club house in their own setting, parking right next to them.
    The club house does really good meals in both the restaurant side or bar area if preferred. They could also put on a forum barbeque if the was enough off us. Not sure what the minimum number would be but again I can find out if enough interest is shown.

Lakeside is located just outside the village of Pidley 10 miles north of Huntingdon, I think the is a location map somewhere on the web site and about 25 miles south of the show ground.

They even have a great gym for Benn ? Oh and a fantastic golf course.

If anyone is interested let me know and I will find out more details, costs etc.

Web links below:

http://www.thebmfshow.co.uk/the-shows/bmf-peterborough/

http://www.lakeside-lodge.co.uk/

2. Givover

Givover God Like

To be quite honest Freedom bike shows are now really boring same old tired faces spouting the same old crap ,same old clothing and shite items, same old duggy lampkin going up and down logs .Time for a massive change.(Or is it me?)

3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Looks like the one place where your not likely to bump into Giv' by accident then.

No brainer really.

4. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

I've played your course some years back, it’s not bad? I'm 20 mins drive from the showground and have to say it’s not worth bothering with, even being so close by?
    Every year I decide to pay the extortionate entrance fee and give it a go, and every year I come away disappointed and to be fair bored to tears with what they have to offer.

I would go down to meet up with a few of you guys but not for the show, and if you are thinking of travelling a long distance to attend be a little circumspect with your expectations?

Having said that, its horses for courses and some think it’s a greatly show?

5. Freedom of choice

Oh well seemed a good idea at the time. I wouldnt need to stay anyway as I am only a belly full off burgers and beer taxi ride away. however if anyone is up for it still I will meet for food and drinks.

6. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Might do that Freedom?

7. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Top effort for suggesting freedom! Not too fussed about the show, but great idea for a meet up and social and the show is as good as any excuse I've heard!! Lol

I'll check with the diary - be up for it if free and decent numbers.

8. Freedom of choice

Cheers Jimbo, ok lets just wait and see how many are interested and I will then see how much they will charge for a BBQ or we could eat in the bar. Will go with the consensus if this is a flyer

9. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

I would ride up with ya Jimbo ... haven't been to the BMF since the Bandit won best in show ;)

10. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

if there's enough interest i could well be up for it, probably make a night of it too.