BMW - Finally on watch Dog!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by samuk, Sep 12, 2012.

1. samuk

samuk Well-Known Member

My brothers 2008 535d was stolen 8 months back - we discovered this was quite a common thing...1000's of BMW 2006 onwards being stolen.

It takes less then 3mins! All over YouTube..yet BMW always denied it!!

As they did when watch dog questioned them..

Head office apparently are aware but dealerships are not telling people..

So much proof! Yet there doing fucka about it!

2. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Just been using a 60 plate 520D se 31k of motor and very nice it was too - that had keyless start / stop - never read the manual, just drove it - Will have a look on youtube how I could have got into it!

Makes me glad I locked it away in secure car park when it was full it 15k worth of IT kit now...

3. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Yup apparently the steal them by hooking them up to the diagnostics port with a device/laptop with software and away they go. You can just pull out a couple of the connectors at the back of the port and it'll take a bit of effing around for them to get away with the car then.

4. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

Yep, my Beemer is too old for me to be worried, but my colleagues on bmwland.co.uk have been posting about this for years. Shocking behavior from BMW in denying it all in the face of overwhelming evidence.

5. Toby LeRone

Toby LeRone Active Member

Takes less than 3 mins :( I think its BM's from 2004??

I have a 5 series that is one thats affected and its sooooo easy to do and all bits needed can be brought by anyone for not a lot of money at all.

I just looked on Youtube to see if the vids are still about and this is one of apparently a guy stealing a 5 series??

6. samuk

samuk Well-Known Member

BMW's from 2006 - this is when the key-less entry started.

Head office apparently said they knew the issue was there last year - but the dealerships never informed and denied all...!