BMW S1000RR vs Aton on Top Gear tonight

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Rob, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

2. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Well the bike didn't do too bad, considering its about 1/10 of the cost of the Atom!

3. viper_biker

viper_biker Active Member

Doubt producers would ever let the bike win, plus Broggie spent more time show-boating. Give him his Evo bike and the results might have been different.

4. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Exactly what I was thinking. Even if the bike was quicker they'd make sure the car would win. Yes, Broggie was pulling a couple of wheelies which would've lost him some speed.

5. CastrolCraig

CastrolCraig Active Member

Few facts...

brogie & the jentin team turned up at the TGTT, with the EVO bike, producer got a bit crappy when they realised after the first 2 runs that brogie was quicker.

que the producers saying brogie could only ride a standard BMW, and the only time it was beaten was during a head to head race, where once it got past it blocked steve.

• Like Like x 6
  6. andy levitt

andy levitt Active Member

Typical topgear for you though, bikes HAVE to be second place. Although it was nice seeing them have a bike on the show proably be anther year or two before they do somthing along the lines of this again.

7. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Had a tweet direct from Tiff Needell. I asked how many takes it took for the Atom to win. Her replied:

@CBR1000rrForum We did lap times on our own and the Atom was just faster so the bike had to lose ...

Interesting that they made Brogie use the stock bike!

8. RepsolBlade

RepsolBlade Active Member

Lets be honest, Top Gear and It's Bike hating Head Honcho Clarkshite, will never allow a bike to win! And add to the fact it's the fastest(and I use this term very lightly) CAR to go around the TPTT. They know that any production Superbike would beat any of the normal Hyper cars to do the fast times! We have to unfortunately face the fact that we as Bikers are a very small minority in this pityfull country!!
    My 2pennies worth!!! :)