Bongo BSB Oulton rk

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Shameless, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

Bongo BSB Oulton park

Just a quick reminder for all, Bongo is entering his first round of BSB superstock this weekend at Oulton. I had the pleasure of meeting him at Snetterton and would like to wish him all the best, a top lad. Wish I was watching him there.
    Good luck Bongo

2. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

I wish I could make it there to watch but I will be recording it when its on tv. Keep us up to date on his progress & qualifying.

3. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

All the best bongo, old chap. I know you're not looking for the top step, rather a step up, hopefully the fast boys will tow you round and you can learn off them and knock a second or two off your lap times. Fukc.that......SMOKE 'EM!!!

4. robinh73

robinh73 Well-Known Member

Good luck Bongo, give it your all and enjoy!!

5. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

If I cross anything else I'll get cramp.

6. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

#6 Shameless, Jul 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Go for it John, you can only do the best you can and if all else fails there is always the beer and burger van. Oh and by the way I haven’t noticed any difference in our broad band speed yet. Just wondered, has anyone seen any photos of the bikes new paint jobbies yet? Have I missed the thread?

8. scooby

scooby Elite Member

well lads done well getting a high .42 in second qualifying putting him 34th out of 48 (not sure if theres a % of pole time needed or if all 48 start).

well done and looking forward to watching you tomorrow,just hope the weather holds out.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Good luck bongo :)

10. gRRandeelion

gRRandeelion Active Member

As already said - good luck for the week end, do us proud mate.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Swiss T

Swiss T Active Member

I have just got back from OP. Unfortunatly John fell off at Druids but as hard as the crash looked, he jumped straight up. It's a shame because he was going really well; my wife & I were waving our arms each time he came past; hope we didn't put him off.

I saw the bike in the pits later but couldn't find Bongo.

Hope you are okay mate. It's a shame as you had started to bridge the gap to the next group.

Swiss.

12. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

All that matters is that John's okay and secondly that he was making good account of himself.

Well done Bongo

13. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

Twat! Lol. Hope ya ok mate and not too much damage to the bike?

14. Swiss T

Swiss T Active Member

I have a pic of Bongo's bike with the names of the forum 'contributors', but it was in the holding area at the time looking a bit beaten up. I will post it if John gives permission.

It's a bloody shame.

15. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Oh what a shame, never mind and hope your ok Bongo.

Does anyone know if the race is on telly, I have looked and can’t see it on any of the normal and free view channels? Perhaps if it shown on one of the pay channels someone can record it and post at some point?

16. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

My new sky box decided to record only the last 17 minutes of the first session today, but a lot went unshown as they had to break for MotoGP. Next Saturday they're showing the bits they missed today, starting at 8ish.

17. Givover

Givover God Like

Same as mine Ken just settled down and gone, same as the Gp but from what i saw it was same as .

18. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Wonder what happened then.

19. bongo

bongo Active Member

Hey everyone, first of all thankyou to everyone who contributed and helped me get myself to this round and experience British championship racing for the first time, you'll never know how grateful I am, it has been so kind of you all, and for everyones support!

I had no signal since Thursday when i arrived at the track, hence no forum, website, or Facebook updates! I had some issues getting the stickers done in good time, and unfortunately had to get them sent to the track, but fear not, everything was done as promised and i made sure there are looooads of photo's BEFORE i went and highsided the shit out of it today!!!

I am uninjured, as far as injuries go (!), but i am hurting everywhere lol. I highsided in the middle of Druids, which is a double apex corner in the trees, i guess around 80-90mph. It was by far my biggest crash, although not my biggest injuries, with a huge slide then a real good highside where i even had time to wonder hwo good it all looked before i hit the ground with my hip/back/ribs/bum/elbow, before being collected by the sliding bike, then rolling into and under the air fence at the armco.

I will get a report up on my site, but right now, i'm in bed lying in some discomfort and well ready for bed!

Swiss, stick whatever photo's you want up mate, wish we could've met!

Thanks once again, i will get plenty of pics and reports up real soon, just need some sleep first!!

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!! Not my last BSB experience thats for sure...

• Like Like x 9
  20. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

At least you almost had a great weekend. you should enter the cadwell park round as i think quite a few of us will be there