Brake Fluid

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by BoroRich, Mar 20, 2012.

1. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

I've been looking at the brake fluid on my 2004 and it's quite dark. I'm guessing that it needs changing but I've only had experience of changing it on my previous bike where the fluid was DOT 4 and barely any darker than weak pee.

Does it sound like the Blade's fluid needs swapping out to you?

And anyone have any methods that they prefer? I previously put a clear drain line on the caliper nipple, took the top off the reservoir and just pumped up pressure on the brake handle, cracked the nipple open until the handle went to the bar then closed it again, pumped up pressure again, cracked open nipple, closed nipple, pumped up pressure again etc. And then just kept the level in the reservoir up to avoid sucking any air down into the pipes. Just keeping an eye on the stuff coming out of the line until it ran clear.

2. Bats

Bats Active Member

Just open nipple and pump away slowly and not back to bar always stick to the rule pump half way cos its you do one with big miles and the seals in the masters bore are matched to the used area then they dont like a new bore area ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

Ah haaa!! Thank you very much :D