Brands Hatch GP - 27th June No Limits

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by zeepony, Jun 1, 2011.

1. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

Booked in, anyone else going up? Never done the GP circuit before but by all accounts its one of the best in the UK.

Really looking forward to this one :Banane16:

2. Gos6

Gos6 Active Member

No can do on that date.

Mate at work went a couple of weeks ago and had a great time, 1st time on the big track. Back section fn fast

Have a great time :biggrin1:

3. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Hmmm sounds good - might have to come to this one..

4. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

do it :)

5. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

I take it you know that there are 4 groups on this on and the noise limit is 101db, best put your baffle in and hope for the best lol

6. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

last time at brands the Yoshi was 102db without the baffle so should be fine :)

7. scratcher

scratcher Active Member

Hi mate I will be going on this one. If you want we can meet up as my mate bust his collar bone motocrossing (MUG). What pit will you be in?
    This is my first time a Brands after doing Silverstone 5 times and Rockingham once. I went for the novice group as its my first at Brands. (normally inters at Silverstone)

One thing I have heard is the pit lane parking can be a bit of a shit fight. The parking space looks very small v Silverstone. Can anybody confirm if its a problem?
    Ta
    Bring it on

8. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

Cool!
    Yep im up for meeting up - i put in for the fast group but hope to get into group 3 (out of 4). My mates going up and im trying to get a ride with his trailer so will probably be there early doors.

Garage space will be limited as there are 4 groups, but im sure we'll squeeze in. PM me your number and i'll give you a buzz when we are there.

Ace :)

9. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Hope the weather holds out chaps and make sure you get loadsa pics. Zeepony i havent forgot about the HEL lines (well i had but have remembered now, do u still want me to find out?)

10. kev.b

kev.b Well-Known Member

Done the GP circuit in may with No Limits and its excellent !
    Spend the morning sessions learning the track then have a good blast the rest of the day.
    Also did the GP circuit last year with Hottrax.

11. scratcher

scratcher Active Member

Monday look sunny...get fookin in

12. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

Man i hope so!!!

13. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

Bugger ... I was gonna pop up and see you guys in the afternoon ... but now I'm working till 5 so wont be home till about 5.45 .. :cray:

Ohhh well .....

14. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

What an awesome day!!! Man, it was so frickin hot though..!
    Such a good circuit, fast flowing and undulating with some really technical corners and some hugely fast and scary ones.

Beautiful hot and sticky tyres, just 1 red flag in the first session so a good amount of track time.

Only negative is that there were a sh1t load of people there so it felt very squashed in the pits, but the track wasnt too crowded (fast group anyway).

My mate did bin his MV Agusta F4 though!! Gutted. Oh, and my brake pads wore out in the last session which sucked.

This is a classic circuit and I recommend it to everyone. GO DO IT!! :)

15. scratcher

scratcher Active Member

WOW it was a hot one...32C on track. I drank 6L of water and it still felt like my balls had been dipped in the fryer. Apart form the temp the day was mega. I decided to move to the inters and I am glad I did. Trying to keep up with some of the faster riders was fun. Also I was not the slowest in the group.YAY. Paddock hill bend was a balls out corner, love it. Now a few things I have to do to the bike. Sort the brakes out with new pads and lines.(my brakes gave up the ghost also). Bin the standard pegs as I ground the sh*t out of them. My new diablo corsa rossos where super sticky all day and never missed a beat. Silverstone next ...bring it on. Think I am becoming a track junkie as looking at track bikes and vans..hehe

16. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

Nice work moving up a group, the sooner you are out of novice the better. As you move up the groups, I find the riding gets much better as the fast boys know what they are doing, where as sometimes in inters you find some 'unusual' manouvers shall we say!!

I think the hardest corner is Surtees, took me a long time to even get close at mastering that one. There seems to be various lines but I think going in deep then cutting back and getting on the gas early is quickest... holding down the wheelies over the crest!! My favorite corner was Hawthorn Bend - you can fly round that bad boy!!

Oh, and the blind Dingle Dell corner is pretty intense too! Basically, i f**king loved it all!!!!!

Sorry, we kept missing each other, but im up for Silverstone - who u doing it with?
    Regarding brakes, i just bought an Accosatto master cylinder which im due to fit in the next few days so will let you know how i get on. Its half the price of Brembo but APPARENTLY, as good.

brands.jpg

17. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Zeepony i think it was my mate on an old Ducati that binned it and got the session red flagged. Glad you had a good one though

18. Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098 Active Member

It was busy and hot, shame I didn't get a chance to get on the track.....

19. Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098 Active Member

Zeepony,

Next Brands GP is 20 July with Focused Events

20. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

Yo, Im just checking out dates but im well up for it - especially if the weather is like this again...!
    Picture 8.png