breaking news ... the recession is over

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by r1monkey, Apr 6, 2013.

1. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

At last, i can say the recession is finally over
    it was bike insurance time last week, 4 bikes to insure so i rang up carole nash and c.i.a insurance and asked them to quote me on their multi bike policies.
    anyway .. one week later and have not had a call back from either broker ,so ended up going with ebike.
    i have also rung a travel agent about a family holiday in new york and florida at easter next year,as you can imagine there is not going to be much change out of £4000 .
    The receptionist said someone will ring me back.. that was 2 days ago !!

why bother wasting money on advertising stuff when nobody can be arsed to ring back with a price?

2. Givover

Givover God Like

Your not wrong Monkey. We get a local free paper and there was an advert from a local fireplace centre and as we needed a new fire and surround we went over a few Sundays ago .Nice showroom and the lady said her husband was out so I give her both mobile and landline and yes you guessed it no call .So I take a run out to a shop in Runcorn and spend £1350.00 What is the point of being in business if you don't follow up every lead surely the hardest point is getting the punter either to visit your premises or in your situation phone up with a pocket full of money .

3. Doodles

Doodles Active Member

I was saying the same thing last week... its my others halfs birthday in a couple of weeks and she is desperate for a new car has hers is on its last legs, I saw one on ebay as a private listing from a dealer, Evans Halshaw, but 100 miles away.

I went to the local Evans Halshaw and they told me they couldnt transfer between dealers... I asked them to check again and the main sales man then came over and said he had checked and that vehicle was now shown as taken off stock, ie sold so off I toddled back home.

Had a look at ebay later the same day and it was still for sale, so I rang the branch 100 miles away and they confirmed they still had it, I told them what had happened at my local branch and in the end had to do a direct deal with them.

Can't believe the local branch wasn't interested in taking my money 4.6 k on a car and they just weren't interested!!

4. gray

gray Active Member

I've had a few dealers going to phone me back about blade I'm interested in and just the same Nothing
    Waste of bloody time

5. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

unfortunately the place i work for is owned by the same group that owns them.The worst company ever to work for , one pay rise since they took us over 8 years ago (19p per hour , wouldnt have fookin bothered with the insult)
    We were told that we would be able to get a staff discount on any car bought from within the group... every person that has tried for this discount has never got it .. that includes the service director and the dealer principal of the dealership i work at.
    we buy our cars from the main local competitor to our group for a better deal .how stupid is that?
    go online and read customer reviews of evans there is not a good one anywhere.
    if you treat your staff like crap they are not going to give a good service to customers.

#5 r1monkey, Apr 7, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2013