Buy RR7 or wait for RR10 ?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Hudson, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

I am going to look at an RR7 blade in a few days, done 2500 miles and is on a 10 plate.... i know, only registered in March last year, question is this, should i wait until i can afford an ABS equipped 10 plated new shape blade... in a about a year i think, or go for the '' new '' RR7, Just how much different are the new blades compared to an RR7........ For the daily commute and general road riding that this, no track days etc.

Thanks

Oh and it's about £5,500

2. stigg

stigg Active Member

Hi, had an RR7 and thought it was great, a bit clinical but a really good bike, then I test rode a new one and I found it a different bike, better handling, better comfort, lighter and more fun. Both are very quick bikes but for me the latest one has more feedback. Go and have a go on a later one and I bet you wait for it!

3. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

Was the reach to the bars etc better on the new one, i found it quiet nice when a sat on one in the shop, but if that translates to the road i don't know, The RR7 seems a little more steep but that just might be my imagination.

4. James2011

James2011 Active Member

Hi mate,

For not too much more £££ you could get an 08 (although it wont have ABS). You get the benefit then of the newer style. I rode an 07 & 08 back to back and there was quite a bit of difference. 08 felt sharper and more mid range power. You could then perhaps trade in the 08 for ABS if you want it next year?

5. stigg

stigg Active Member

Yes the reach did seem steeper on the RR7 and the mid range is better on the new one. The instruments are better as well as the brakes and when you get it up in the higher revs it sounds much better.

6. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

I fancy the new shape blade but want a 10 plate for two reasons.

1. it will have a better chance of not having the oil issue that has been noted with the RR8
    2. I have a personal plate for a 10 plate bike.

I will have a look at this RR7 and then decide, but i do rate the new shape, i would just need to be patient if i decide to wait.

7. JM1

JM1 Active Member

RR7 = great (I had an RR6)
    RR8-10 = greater :)

8. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

After further reflection (and finding that the RR7 clutch is quiet hard) i have decided to wait until funds allow to purchase what i really want.... RR10 with ABS.

9. stu-pendus

stu-pendus Active Member

I have an RR8 and no oil issues whatso ever,just a realy good and sorted road bike.

10. N2OCapri

N2OCapri Active Member

Same and mine is an earlyish one ( May ) 12000 miles with about 2000 of those on tracks.

11. stu-pendus

stu-pendus Active Member

Mine has done a quite few track days but mostly not me riding,my mate Francis Williamson (best google him) is a MSV instuctor and has used it a few times and i have rwyb it a once and its still a very tight bike(7,000mls with 4 oil/filter changes)Its a Honda so no issues however according to Francis,the S1000RR is the trackbike to have at this time.

12. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

I had some lessons with Frances at Brands. If remember he raced in the RC8 cup?

13. N2OCapri

N2OCapri Active Member

I'm sure the BMW is the track bike to have at the moment but would I go any quicker on it ...... probably not and would I enjoy myself on it any more than I do on the Blade..... probably not, do I want to drop an extra 8k on top of the Blade for one.... that'll be a no then :)

14. stu-pendus

stu-pendus Active Member

He's very local to me,was he useing a snotty old blue '98 R1 when instructing you as that was my old bike too?He did the RC8 cup and the superduke cup before that.He ran an R1 (Hanson racing) as a privateer in BSB for 2 years and half a season on Moto Rapidos Ducati 1098 also in BSB.He has been a good mate since the early 80's.

15. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes it was on the old R1!

He's damn fast!