Bye bye summer, its officially Autumn

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Kentblade, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

For me, it was the 1st morning that actually felt like autumn, dark, howling wind, roads running like rivers and wet soggy leaves and mud everywhere, crap covered visor and mega spray on the motorway, certainly wakes me up quicker....been a good summer, but its back to reality for the next 6 months or so.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Yeah not a nice thought is it, 6 months of this crap weather :(
    Got a leaking roof too, wasting money I would rather spend on my bike :(

3. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

blimey I had those thoughts for at least a couple of weeks!! Weather must be mighty fine down in Kent :)

4. Dee

Dee New Member

Common ! It ain't that bad :p
    And plus I think we had best summer in years..

5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Always look on the bright side. if we get a dry day thats not freezing i'm out on the bike.

• Like Like x 2
  6. exfire

exfire Elite Member

I will be riding as much as I can over winter. Winter is bad enough to deal with but riding helps keep me sane, well as sane as I can be.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Yep, just harvested the grapes, looks like a vintage olive crop and the bananas are ripening nicely...don't you just love global warming :D

TBH, this morning was the first day I actually noticed the weather was shite...guess I ride around in a daze most of the time :)

#7 Kentblade, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  8. Island Rider

Island Rider New Member

Forecast for a dry sunny day tomorrow, so last jaunt on my bike I think, plus it's my birthday so would be cruel not to :D

For those that ride throughout the winter, do you have a second bike or just ride your blade? I still have my Honda XR 125 leaner, might ride that just for some winter fun and keep me sane, ok not the same as a blade but still a bike!

• Like Like x 2
  9. just_me _and _me _bike

Am contemplating riding into work, dont like commuting as its boring, but forecast is dry tomoz with huge deluge friday and im busy saturday down in London.

I do like riding on cold dry winter days, esp the sundays, hardly any other bikes about, no caravans either, cops aint about n def aint interested in gerring out their warm cars, so nice to have a blast without worrying :) started off last yr riding on new yrs day, love it, whilst the rest of the country is recovering from being pissed up nite before, grr up n out early, heaven :) if its dry ;)

10. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

All year round rider myself - unfortunately!
    If you do ride in this yucky stuff, do take care it is sloppy (rain and mud dont help) and there is so much bumf and debris on the roads (branches, conkers, leaves, mud etc)
    Just take care and drop your usual speed down a notch or two and then we can all enjoy the warm stuff in one piece.

Ps: get your self a hose/jetwash cos your bikes gonna look like c**p!

• Like Like x 1
  11. AshBlade

AshBlade Riding Goddess

Not long now and the Blade will be coming in doors for another Winter.. :(
    The good news is CRF comes out to play... :cool: I did notice this morning just how bad the roads are,Slimy as hell..

12. just_me _and _me _bike

Slimy roads = car with heaters n radio n waterproof jacket if i need one when i get to destination to walk round in.

Sod riding in this weather, done it loads in the past, albeit today is lovely sunshine if tad windy.

N for sure does help ya to b smooth with throttle, braking n the like but after yrs of doing it, i rather be in car anyday when windy n raining n people driving round with misted up windows!!

13. AshBlade

AshBlade Riding Goddess

90% of the time i'm as happy as Larry singing away in my lid,i don't really care what the weather throws at me.. But every now and again i'm reminded just how dodgy winter riding can be... especially when the icey stuff arrives.Thats when i get the car out..I've hit ice a few times on the bike and scared myself silly.. I live in a rural area with no streetlights on my way home and its pitch black in winter... also very scary.. :eek:

14. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

Last year defying the cold winter I ventured out quite alot when it was dry.Great at the time but when you see what it does to your bikes internal parts around the engine block etc:eek: I washed it every time and hosed it down like anyone would but that salt gets at everything.
    Now it is staying there in the warm til spring. It took me a long time getting it back to as new again.I will look out for another bike to potter about on if the urges keep coming:)

15. flynn07

flynn07 New Member

Its a lovely sunny mild day in teesside today might venture to whitby and get back before dark, got to grab each chance to ride cos once the salts down the bike is put in hibernation:(

16. just_me _and _me _bike

Lovely day in the midlands to but stuck at work, gorgeous sunshine n quite warm n no chance of finishing before 6pm!! Booooo

17. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

Go for it mate. Its beautiful down here aswell