bzzzz. need a bit of help....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by rocket, May 22, 2013.

1. rocket

rocket Active Member

with bees. started laying a new floor in the shed/garage on sunday and discovered that i have bees living in the cavity of the door. its a 3x2 frame door and timber panelled each side and the little buggers are flying in thru the keyhole. thought wasps initially but local pest guy came around to zap them and reckon there honey bees. he,s left it for now as didnt want to destroy them which i can understand. hoping a beekeeper coming around at weekend but just want some advice if anyone here has had similar problems!!

2. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Absolutly leave it to the Proffesionals, a good bee keeper will not charge you to move a hive, as they are beneficial to them, for what I can recall, so long as the hive and the queen are removed with minimum disturbance, "usually smoke the hive to subdue the swarm"

3. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

The Father In Law is a beekeeper, nowhere near Cornwall though. He gets calls from the Council for things like this so give your local council a bell. You may well get a bill though, about £50, as the beekeeper may not have any use for them if they are in a poor condition, wrong breed, diseased stock etc.