Cadwell Park 6th October 2011

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by CastrolCraig, Oct 6, 2011.

1. CastrolCraig

CastrolCraig Active Member

Well, a hastily booked lastminute.com jobby....

Rushed around like a blue arsed fly as i tried to fo little bits & bobs to the bike last night, loaded the van and went to Kip...

Woke up this morning looking at a lovely clear (but dark) sky, got to cadwell, set up, oh shit, its on race shift, fook fook fook.4

No way of changing it as its running HM Quickshifter in race pattern, oh well, guess im learning race shift then :hehe:

Tentative first session, out in inters (new bike, new shift etc etc) check everythings a ok, yup, sure is.

Next few sessions were mainly about learning the bike & race shift, jesus christ its quicker than my old 07 blade, having never ridden on maxton suspension and only hearing bad things i was surprised to find it handles like an absolute gem, even better after some preload/rebound adjustments to get rid of chatter out of charlies.

Last session before lunch i decided to turn my rollcentre lap timer on, see what kind of times i was pushing. needless to say i surprised myself to learn i was only half a second slower than my outright best, and despite having 14bhp less than the kwak my straight line speed wasnt down either, im guessing thats because i can actually get on the throttle on the blade without worrying if its going to tie itself in knots.....

After 6 Sessions the heavens opened and circuit staff called time on circuit activity due to parts of the circuit flooding.

Overall, a promising & fun end to the year, now the blade gets a good clean & check over before its taken to croft next weekend for a mate to race in the allcomers class at the final round of Derby Pheonix 2011.

Some Pics.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. vino

vino New Member

Not jealous..much! Sounds like you've had an awesome day

3. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Awesome .. I am now combing Ebay for track bikes lol... Just blew a load of cash on Height adjustable Coilovers for the car..... Why did i do that ? lol

4. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

Great mate thanks for sharing, looks l;ike a nice setup

5. CastrolCraig

CastrolCraig Active Member

Yup, its a fantastic setup, certainly the bike to use next season, had it run up on the local Dyno, 177BHP and a lovely Curve.

Now comes the hard task of finding sponsors to help me through my 'novice' season next year.....