cadwell

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by racman, Feb 15, 2014.

1. racman

racman Active Member

Anybody at cadwell today with no limits

2. blade1980

blade1980 Active Member

Brave if they were, I live about 15 mins away and was wet and blowing a gale! Tricky conditions indeed!!

3. racman

racman Active Member

Agreed blade. 2 of my mates there. Both binned it

4. johnny handfull

johnny handfull Active Member

Dont understand people that do trackdays in this weather

5. thefirebloke

thefirebloke Elite Member

What sort of statement is that?!! When I go to Oulton I can get round in the dry in a respectable time yet there's guys there that do it faster than me in the pouring rain........Are they not enjoying themselves?

• Like Like x 4
  6. Yorkshire Tyke

Yorkshire Tyke Elite Member

+1

Any other than perfect conditions is an opportunity to learn more about yourself, your bike or the track your riding. I think people who put their bike away and go home when it starts raining are complete fannies and they are only enjoying half the fun!

• Like Like x 1
  7. blade1980

blade1980 Active Member

I once did a track day at Caldwell and was very wet , luckily had full wets and had a great time and like YT says most had gone home leaving an almost deserted track and me exploring the limits of wets, luckily I never found them!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Skippy79

Skippy79 Active Member

I love the rain, you nearly always have an empty track to learn on.... I wouldn't mind if it rain for 2 of my 4 days in spain next week :D :D

9. Elric

Elric New Member

Yip one of the best track days I've ever had was 12th December 2009 at a very wet Cadwell on a wee auld r6, first time there and put the wets on and had a great day

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. wedgiewolves#223

wedgiewolves#223 God Like

Love dropping the wets on and having a play . Nothing like a knee down in the wet even though you seem to slide miles away from the bike when a mis hap occurs ha ha [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. graemewalker

graemewalker Elite Member

Wedgie you could straighten the back end up on a left hander next time,you know what I mean ;)

12. wedgiewolves#223

wedgiewolves#223 God Like

Oh I did try with the r6 ha ha nothing that a hacksaw and a scaffold pole didn't sort ha ha

13. CastrolCraig

CastrolCraig Active Member

I was on that day on the blade in my profile pic! (In fact that was taken in the afternoon)

14. Elric

Elric New Member

Aye that was the Sunday, I wanted to do both days as it was only about £26 per day but as my wife wanted to go my bro took my bike down with him on the Friday, he was on a 2007 r6, and my wife and me drove down on the Saturday and spent the afternoon watching then spent a nice night at a wee hotel that I had pre booked, I can't remember the name of it but I had to drive through a wee burn to get to it, had a couple of pints and a good bit of nosh then we had a great day on the Sunday. If you're going to do a track day then I can recommend doing it that way, throw kit bag in car, drive to track, ride bike, throw kit bag back in car while leaving it to someone else to bring your bike back home for you and jump in car and drive back home lol, as Guy Martin would say "proper job" lol