CALIFORNIA SUPERBIKE SCHOOL Silverstone Aug 23, 2011

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by scratcher, Jul 25, 2011.

1. scratcher

scratcher Active Member

Well I have treated myselft to an early birthday present. After doing about 10 track days I thought I might get some education. Lv 1 at CALIFORNIA SUPERBIKE SCHOOL on the 23 of Aug. Anybody else going? Also can anybody share there experience if you have been?

2. Moily

Moily Active Member

I did Level 1 on my RR8 Blade last year. It's well worth doing - fantastic training. I'd learnt the theory before but was great to get the personal tuition and environment to actually try it out (without going to a full-on trackday with nobbers cutting you up thinking they should be in the higher group!).

Only downside is the photographer does all the photos in the first 4 sessions when you're concentrating on doing the drills and not the last 2 when you're scraping your pegs!!

Will need to sort out Level 2 when I can get time...

3. morpheus20170

morpheus20170 Active Member

I would love to do CSS especially after reading Twist of the Wrist 2 backwards and forwards to the point where as you say Moily you just want to get out there and do it.

4. scratcher

scratcher Active Member

The start of the day was very damp and slippery and I was not having a good time. After the 2ed class the rain stopped and I stared to enjoy things.
    I would say are things are allot different than a track day. There are people making sure you are where you should be all the time. I felt a bit nannied at first but got use to it. Also you can't park in the pits so you have to carry all you stuff to the 1 packed garage. Why thay could not have more garages open I don't know.
    All in all a very good day that has improved my riding loads. I will book part 2 next year defo..
    I will post some pics when picman puts them up