Can i remove the oil filter without..

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by PeterT, Nov 11, 2011.

1. PeterT

PeterT Active Member

Is it possible to remove the oil filter without taking the lower fairing off?

2. honda.ima

honda.ima Active Member

Quick ans is no.

If you do its by using a screwdriver (not recommended) into the filter, but how do you get the new one tight?

I plan to only change the filter every other oil change, after spending 2 hours getting the fairing back on, but I was on the ground flat on my back, and will be easy-er next time!!!

That means the oil filter will still only have completed 6000 miles at the most in my case.

Does it look like the new 2012 Blade could do a oil and filter change without removing the fairing?

#2 honda.ima, Nov 12, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  3. PeterT

PeterT Active Member

I am not worried about losening or tightening the filter as i have proper tools, but wondered whether there is room to extract it from within the fairing apperture?

4. Bats

Bats Active Member

Yes you can mate! undo the 2 lower belly pan bolts on righthand side and you can pull out enough to do it! ONE word of warning the oil fills the belly pan from the sump plug!

Now here is what i do after sussing it! Undo 4 belly pan bolts then unclip with a screw driver at front it take 5 mins then oil and filter easy ;)

5. PeterT

PeterT Active Member

Cheers, that sounds good to me, the old girl is due an oil and filter change.....................oh and new tyres.

6. PeterT

PeterT Active Member

The answer is yes, you can do a filter and oil change without removing or losening any panels. Although a cloth is required below the filter as it spills out a fair amount of oil, also do it when the oil is not too hot otherwise you can burn your hands on the stuff as it tricles out.