Cape verda

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Carl, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Any of you guys been to the cape verda islands? I'm taking a holiday in march to use up my days before the end of march so I need somewhere warm it looks nice?

2. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

That should be lovely Carl. Enjoy

3. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Was looking there myself end of feb.......have friends who have been there look s very nice

4. Tom68

Tom68 Active Member

Hello Carl, We went in 2011 to Boa Vista the hotel was called the Karamboa, nice hotel, staff friendly, weather mostly hot and always a breeze, did have problems with flooding and the pool was closed for 3 days due the heavy rain. We went all in, the food was ok a bit samey after 14 nights and in the self service was a bit manic at times, massive place and only 5 mins from the airport. There wasn't a great deal to do out side the hotel very 3rd world, did a trip to see turtles laying eggs which was fantastic. Have a look on my FB page, got some pics on there somewhere.

#4 Tom68, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

we looked at Cape Verda for our family holiday. only reason we did not book as not enough for the kids,. but as a plac e for adults looks lovely and really nice if you want to relax

6. bardo 1962

bardo 1962 Member

Hi Carl, we are doing Tenerife in March just because we know we will get decent weather.

7. Freedom of choice

Carl, not wanting to be the one to piss on your parade mate......but.

I just found out this morning that my director is going on a ' the annual boys only Kite boarding' holiday next Friday....to...wait for it.......Cape Verda. I don’t know which island but as sods law always rears it ugly head in these situations God help you my son.

If the worst happens you could always rent a peddlo and dump the body in Sierra Leone where another sun burned white body won’t really be noticed.

8. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

We had some friend go the cape verda and their account put us off! We are going to the Fuerterventura instead and then down to France to visit my parents late July, the rest of the year will be spent putting miles on the blade..

9. Freedom of choice

Carl I am so pleased to hear that’s another bullet in life dodged. I dreaded hearing your holiday was ruined by a bunch of self opinionated, little dicked, moneyed oiks giving it large.