Car insurance claim stress

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by coupe312, Sep 1, 2013.

1. coupe312

coupe312 Active Member

insurance is more stress than buying a house.

My better half was driving the car with the kids in and some silly woman pulled out from a side road trying to do a U turn on o main road....

she claimed all her fault at the accident, ... no witnesses to the crash but a few turned up just after!!!! to hear her claims all my fault didn't see the car ect.

Now the her insurance company is claiming it not her fault!!!!

lucky our lass was in a big car ford mondeo and was just stuck on the front wing, which just swung the little C3 back were it came from.

but god dam how many forms is there to fill in!!!! phone calls,

the day after both my better half and my teenage daughter started with back pains..... my misses was in tears with it and go all upset cause she though people would think she was just after compo....( crazy i know). had to drag her to hospital.

i sure all this stress is the other parties insurance trying to worm out of it, as my car is a total loss, plus hire car charges.

what happend to just been descent about stuff and putting your hand up, when you make a mistake.

2. Muffking

Muffking God Like

That's where pulling your phone out and taking lots of pictures come in to play. My missus was so paranoid when someone reversed into my car a few years ago that she noted down everyone who was there and took loads of pictures just in case.

Best thing in your case is to contest it and let your insurance company know that these supposed witnesses were not actually there. Some may disappear when it comes to the threat of a court appearance, but it shouldn't be too hard to prove that they weren't there i.e can they describe your car, damage, positions, what you look like and can it be proved that they were actually at work that day.

3. coupe312

coupe312 Active Member

god insurance is such a head ache.....

my insurance is been ok about it they said i should be a crash investigator the amount of photos and measurements i took.

just waiting now for her side, i have been informed that she can leave it 89 day to acept fault... at 90th day there in court.

but you only get the hire car for 7 day after receiving payment ( my insurance paid straight out)....... even when its not your fault.

so looks like she holding on ( or insurance company is) untill her 90 days is up.