Carl Froch SPOILER!!!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by thefirebloke, Nov 24, 2013.

1. thefirebloke

thefirebloke Elite Member

Well what a great night that was! It was a total sell-out. Few really good fights beforehand especially the Scott Quigg vs Diego Silva Bantam weight class.
    Anyway I took my seats which were definitely not "ringside" as I'd been promised but from the pics you'll see I'm not a million miles away. The fighters came out to boos for Groves (well he is a Southerner) and humongous cheers for Froch. After introductions and posturing they "get it on". The fight's only just started and after a couple of minutes Froch hits the deck! Can't believe it, I really thought Froch was going to win! So, he gets back up and manages to regain composure only for Groves to pound him again.

This goes on for the next few rounds with Groves definitely leading the score card. He was catching Froch regularly and making him pay. However, there were also signs of him beginning to tire. This was the general forcast, if he didn't take it before rounds 3 or 4 then Froch's stamina would come into play.

Round 9 and Groves is still leading in my book, but Froch lands a couple of good blows and the whole fight turns round! The crowd including myself are out of their seats screaming! Froch reigns blow after punishing blow on Groves and it looks like he's starting to crumple. ..............Then the basta referee steps in and stops the fight!!!!! Whhaaaaaattttt!!

Groves complains bitterly but the ref thinks he's had enough. In my opinion I don't think he should have stopped it there but I'm convinced Froch would have put him down in the next round.

Crowd go wild in disgust and apparently the referee likes to masturbate occasionally ..........well the crowd said so anyway!
    There you have it, as seen through my eyes.

Just one funny moment before the fight began, a commentator introduced a couple of celebs including Ricky Hatton for whom there was rapturous applause and also Prince Nassem who said a few words only to be greeted with chanting of "You fat bastard, you fat bastard"!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Good write up and great pics you lucky b******d glad you had a good time, I had to watch match of the day instead for my sport hit, pales into insignificance against your boxing trip.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

It was a brilliant fight. We all knew groves would go for it in the early rounds but I was also shocked at how bad froch boxed in the opening rounds. Froch was certainly starting to take control of the fight when it was stopped. Yes maybe the fight was stopped a little early but the ref's primary job is to keep both fighters safe and I would always like to see a fight stopped early rather than a somebody take that extra blow. He only has milliseconds to decide whether to stop the fight or not and in my opinion if they are not sure if it is safe for the opponant to continue then they have to step in and stop the fight

4. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Awesome Steve!! Glad you had a good night and seats!!

Couldn't beleive the state of hamed! He looked huge lol

Spot on account of it IMO.... Was gripping stuff and certainly caught Karl in the back foot. I knew groves would start fast but that was something else.

He looked sharp, strong, connected everything and had power that looked like knocking him out. But always thought (and hoped as the fight went on) froch could get back into it. But was surprised how long it took, George had him well beat in the 1st half...

Do I think the result how it would of ended? Yes... Should it have been stopped when it did - no! So always going to be talking point...

Thought groves was fantastic and conducted himself fantastically after the fight. Same cant be said for froch. Shame really. But will make a good rematch ;)

Froch was lucky but showed a few moments of why he is where he is, that fecker never gives up! And has awesome stamina and power But he was certainly caught on the back foot and surprised by George.

Maybe all them hard fights are starting to take their toll.

• Like Like x 1
  5. graemewalker

graemewalker Elite Member

agree with you all watched fight and groves was robbed he will take him out on re match only winner was the hearns counting there money;) froch interview after fight well should be ashamed groves conducted himself proud

6. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

I watched the fight on line this morning and I have to agree, Groves was by far the better boxer but was suffering under the furry of blows that Froch was dishing out at the point the fight was stopped.

If the fight had gone 12 rounds then Groves would have won if he could have recovered but could he have survived the next 30 seconds if the ref hadn't stopped it? Who knows, but likely not.

7. sinewave

sinewave God Like

I reckon a lot of the Big Money Fights are stopped early if it looks like the result is a forgone conclusion at that point, just so a re-match isn't put in jeopardy?

The Money Men have more control than some purists think!