CBR1000RRB Correct break-in procedure as recommended by Honda UK?

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by Fireblade-HRC, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Fireblade-HRC

Fireblade-HRC Active Member

Can anyone tell me what is the correct break-in procedure as recommended by Honda UK for a 2011 Fireblade?

2. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

I was told by the dealer to keep it under 6k till the 600 mile run in service after that do what you want.

There is a few threads on here asking the same question and everyone has different views, Im pretty sure Honda say keep it under 6k for 300 miles , use the hole range etc and red line it a few times to bed everything in

Alot of people say bed in the brakes for 100 miles then ride it as normal but make sure you get the run in service done at 600 miles as it has thin oil in to aid the run in.

search run in procedure in the search box mate. a few threads should come up

3. Givover

Givover God Like

Just got one 2 weeks ago the general feeling is 6000 revs for 300 miles then let rip .Only last night with 270 miles on the clock i chased a fat dude up the east lancs road on a suzuki 1400 and then remembered i am still running in but a couple of swift above 6k but not redlining is ok. I think honda have got it sorted were say a Kawasaki even the ZZR1400, if you go to the book is a 1000 miles run in period which is Boring .If you want to be super safe it would be 6000revs or below for 300 miles then say 7000 revs for another 200 miles 8000 revs for 100 miles service time then let rip! Hope this helps Mike.

4. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

Just ride it As you normally would but avoid full throttle/red line until oil changed at 600 miles. You can't hurt it.

5. JM1

JM1 Active Member

RTFM!
    Owner's manual, page 89...
    "RUNNING-IN
    Help assure your motorcycle's future
    reliability and performance by paying extra
    attention to how you ride during the first
    500 km (300 miles).
    During this period, avoid full-throttle starts
    and rapid acceleration."

6. tandbiskits

tandbiskits Active Member

So banging it off the rev limiter in 2nd with 150 miles on the clock isn`t advised then?:wacko:

7. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

its ok as long as you dont hold it there.

8. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

What I read and did, seems week 2k later

9. JM1

JM1 Active Member

Running in is all bullshit these days.
    Not necessary as far as the engine's concerned IMHO, although the chassis and moving parts do need some time to bed in.

10. masher66

masher66 Active Member

Dealer told me that "in 1st 600 miles avoid hard acceleration in any gear, hard braking, use all of the gears ! Don't labour along, take her up to no more than 6000rpm each gear after that 1st oil n filter change do what you want". Now how much of this is correct I don't know, but I followed it and don't seem to have suffered in any shape or form !!

In reality you could probably 'rag' it from day 1 and not suffer anything more than a massively stretched chain lol...

11. Bats

Bats Active Member

Basically Dont cruise in one gear this is wear the probs lie! you can thrash em straight away no probs at all might even lead to a few extra ponies but a long while down the rd might use more oil!

I just rode mine normally just without the thrashing it bit due to getting used bedding brake in etc ;)