ChampionMotoUK gone into administration?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Remal, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

2. Andrew

Andrew Active Member

I can't say i've ever heard of them.

3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Me neither but was discussed about the the few big shops that have closed and this one came up

4. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

More bad news.

Arai distributor Phoenix to close

I'm pretty sure they are the sole importer of Arai to the UK aren't they? Love Arai but the cost is £400+, is it any surprise? The comparable Shoei XR1100's are just as good but about £100 less. I did wonder why Hein Gericke only had 1 Arai in the entire showroom last week.

For almost 30 years, the Arai helmet brand has been distributed in the UK by Phoenix Distribution Ltd., part of James Halstead pic Group. As James Halstead pic is active in the international flooring industry, they have decided to concentrate their focus on their core business and to exit from the motorcycle industry by ceasing all of Phoenix’s activities.

In the past years, both Arai and Phoenix have cooperated closely in expanding and protecting the position of the Arai brand in the UK market very successfully.

The strong reputation of Arai is appreciated amongst the hundred of thousands of Arai users, relying on the service of Arai’s well-trained and professional retailers.

The network of UK’s best retailers, the excellent relationship with the media and the racing community, offer a very solid basis for the continuation of Arai in the UK market.

In cooperation with Phoenix, a smooth transition to a new distributor will be in effect during the 2012 season. Until the new Arai distributor will be disclosed; Phoenix will continue to supply Arai helmets, spare parts and accessories to retailers and end* users. The technical and media support to Arai users, racers and press will continue to be offered by Phoenix.

Finally we would like to express our appreciation towards the dedicated staff of Phoenix who have contributed to the growth of Arai as a leading helmet brand in the UK., creating a solid base for the continuation and expansion of this success in the years to come.

5. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

soon its going to be a case of who is still trading not who is closing down, things going from bad to worse

6. bluekontakt2004

bluekontakt2004 Active Member

my brother works for a company called tran am. distributor of suomy, rukka, daytona, Joe rocket, ect. they show no sign of going under.

pheonix were their main competitor.

#7 bluekontakt2004, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  7. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Not good news

8. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

at least those that do make it through will be making a killing as all the competition has gone under, i guess its just natural selection :)

9. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

^^ what he said

10. djfleming22

djfleming22 Active Member

Arai was head in shoulders above other companies in design and fitment... now other companies have caught up with them and making not cheaper helmets but more competitively priced ones .... Arai helmets are very expensive now