Change of pace

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by viper_biker, Aug 1, 2012.

1. viper_biker

viper_biker Active Member

Well, over the next few months I'm going to be putting the bike and it's bits up for sale. It's a really sad and tough decision for me to make, but I'm going to have a change of pace as far as bikes are concerned. There's no external pressures on me to do it, financially or family, I just want to slow down and take a step back from bikes in general. Currently I'm building an NC30 track bike that may also go up for grabs as well. My plan is to get something that I'm less concerned about that can lie in the garage for months on end and maybe dust down once in a while and go for a blast.

I've talked it over with my partner and obviously she's behind me in whatever decision I make, so I'd imagine over the rest of the summer the bike will be restored to standard, all the trinkets sold off and then finally the bike will be up for sale around September or so. It's not breaking my heart as much as I though as my heart just isn't in it as much as it was. Maybe and old VFR or TDM, something upright with straight bars again that will take 2 people comfortably. Cheap, cheerful and not too focused.

2. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Well I am sorry to hear the blade going and wish you all the best with your decision, I understand what you are doing and if that's how you feel, that's cool.

I hope you still find time to drop in on the forum and don't forget us all :( and keep us informed on your choice of bike as a replacement !

All the best matey :)

3. Jonny fireblade

Jonny fireblade Active Member

I keep thinking of getting rid, I hardly use it, however when I do. Just think nah, I do a lot of cycling which I need to keep doing to keep fit and good at it, the blade I can just ride wherever whenever