Charity work/RAK

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by mk3golfcab, Jan 30, 2020.

1. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

I know a few members who do some good for charity’s in here. I’m looking to potentially start doing little bits and pieces where I can. I can’t really afford to donate money (young family problems) but I would like to do some selfless acts.

I’ve done a few Random Acts of Kindness over the past 6 months but thought it might be nice to log what we’ve done - not for our own egos but to show there is some kindness out there still.

what’s people’s thoughts? What do you do to show the love?

2. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

I actually do some charitable things. I buy my pet supplies from a rescue shelter (a bit more pricey, but the proceeds go to help homeless pets) and donated a cat tree to their showroom so the cats would have something to hang out on.

I also do not stab everyone who cuts me off in traffic, thereby giving them the gift of life.

I know, I am a modern day saint.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

I need to give you a 'funny' for the second part...:D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Shortly to take 6 or so beds, a few toys, and a load of dog food/treats to a rescue centre. Makes a lot more sense than just binning it, especially as MotoGP dog was a rescue, albeit not from a rescue centre.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

My cat Pia was a rescue, our beloved dumb dog Darby was a rescue as well. Our Husky, Apollo, was kind of a rescue from a puppy mill.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1