Cheap BT Broadband + BT Sport

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Barstewardsquad, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Just signed up to a BT offer from Money Savings Expert which gives unlimited Broadband for £5pm on a 12 month contract, and you get a £75 Sainsbury's voucher. Sainsbury's voucher offer bit ends tonight so if you want it you will need to move quick, but the broadband offer is running until the 29th Sept.

Just did the deed myself so that I can watch MotoGP next year.

Link Here

No connection or vested interest.

Details from the MSE email
    Ends Wed 11.59pm. Cheap BT broadband & line rent. MSE Blagged. Sign up for a year's contract via this specific link BT broadband* (it’s the 2nd one down called ‘UNLIMITED BROADBAND’) and you get the corking deal below (AFTER WED until 29 Sept, you still get all the elements except the £75 Sains vch).

- Who is eligible? Anyone who doesn't have BT broadband now. Eg, If you only have its phone line, that's fine. Or if you used to have its broadband, that's fine too.
    - Compulsory line rental. You need a BT phone line. If not, the cheapest way to get one is opting to pay £159.84 for a year upfront, equiv £13.32 a month, or £15.99 monthly (rising to £16.99/mth on 1 Dec).
    - Unlimited broadband (avail to 99% of UK). This is the bit we've blagged. It's £5/mth for the year, as opposed to '£8/mth for 6mths, then £16/mth on an 18mth contract' on its site - so £84 cheaper over the yr. Up to 17Mb speed.
    - 'Free' BT Hub router. Yet you have to pay £6.95 to cover p&p.
    - Free line installation: Don't have a line, or switching from cable? Normally you'd pay £130 for one to be installed, with this deal it's free - see installation info (if it's a second line, you'd pay).
    - Call costs: Weekend calls (up to 60 mins per call) to landlines included, other call costs are BT standard rates. See full call charges (incl hikes from 1 Dec).
    - £75 Sainsbury's in-store voucher BUT you must claim it. Frustratingly, you need register for this via an online form (bookmark this link) 5 days after the broadband's activated. It's then posted within 30 days so diarise carefully.

#1 Barstewardsquad, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. dave d

dave d Elite Member

Too late for me but gonna have to sort summat out any cloud cover and my Sky is shite especially BSB/WSBK on Eurosport 1

3. Jkaye

Jkaye Active Member

I've already got it and to be honest it's shite, slow connection even though it was fine with talktalk using the same large fibre optic, a lot of buffering when watching live, they're not showing what they promised ie more motorbike related programmes and if you want to watch it on your tv you either have to have a satellite dish or pay extra per month to use a BT box, I personally stream it to my pc and connect to the tv via a hdmi cable, but it's still crap, going to leave BT and go back to talkTalk and sign up to MotoGP.com for next season.

4. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Won't make any difference to my broadband as I live in the middle of nowhere and it is a BT only exchange. Will be getting BT Sport via Sky which is the only realistic option as video streaming is a bit hit and miss. We do have Amazon Prime Video and can watch stuff on that, but it is a case of no-one else is allowed to do anything online at the same time.