Chedder Gorge

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by slowr1der, Mar 11, 2012.

1. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Headed off down to Chedder Gorge today with the GF on the back, started off with lovely weather up in Hampshire and left around midday, race leathers were on and a t-shirt underneath.............................

Got down to Wells and it was bloody freezing and misty lol, a fair few bikes were out down there though and once i had a Costa i started to warm back up and the sun came out.

Even had a play with a little Gixer on the way back out of Chedder towardss Wells via the road that goes up through the Gorge. Was rude not to...........he was wearing white leathers and white boots i think. Anyway he clearly liked to get a shift on which was nice although i think he was a little surprised to see a Blade 2 up on his tail all the way along the road until we parted company just before Wells.

Good day out :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Sounds like a great day out mate! Love it round there...
    [​IMG]

3. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

First time i have been down there on the bike and i have to say there are some good roads down to the Gorge. Although we did get a bit lost out of Wells, to the Wookey Hole Road and ended up riding through Wookey and up a fookin massive single track hill that was covered in mist and very low visability, luckily the phone still had signal and i managed to find my way back to a main road lol

4. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Sounds like a good run and a nice dabble to boot. I was getting the same thing this morning, go up a rise and I could instantly feel the chill seeping through my leathers. Run down the other side and it was toasty again.

5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

well if anyone one is around cheddar give me a shout. it's only 30 mins from me and visited by me very often

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my blade and kit car last year. BIL driving the tiger

[​IMG]

6. Brym

Brym Active Member

I went through the gorge back in January surprised it was still busy with other bikers then. The yoshi sounds good in first gear up through there. Maybe we could do a meet there sometime?

7. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Yh i am up for that mate, as for the Yoshi well my ears are still ringing lol

8. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Sounds like a plan. but if your going later on kn the spring/summer the earlier the better as after 10 it can get very busy. Normally the top or second from top park are the best bet for a meet