chillblast Laptops

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Remal, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

2. Tim

Tim Member

I've never used chill blast myself but a guy at work was raving about them just the other day. I've always found http://www.overclockers.co.uk to be excellent. I agree avoid mesh same guy who was raving about chillblast has had a year long battle with mesh trying to get a refund for a faulty machine that they supplied and could not fix.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Cheers Tim and I only said mash ;)

4. sinewave

sinewave God Like

When I bought my last PC it was a toss up between Chillblast and CyberPower.

CyberPower won due simply to having a snazzy Water Cooled processor with samco hoses to look at!

Sad I know! [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Andy

Andy Active Member

+1 for www.overclockers.co.uk never used them to build a pc as i build them myself, but their prices are normally very competitive if not the cheapest around.
    Aftersales service is also very good should you have issues with faulty products

6. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

What I found. If I spec a laptop/PC to built if I tried. I think I could. I always go over the top and can't help myself

7. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

i'm looking at a 17" screen but willa 14 or 15" screen be ok for video editing etc...? I'm not look at this to be used often as a portable lap top but a replacement for my old desktop

8. Andy

Andy Active Member

Personal choice for me would be the 17" if your not to bothered about it being so portable, this would ideal if it's going to live most of its life on a desk.

Also if you have multiple windowed applications open at the same time on screen the bigger the screen the better

• Like Like x 1
  9. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Go 14" or 15" and get a monitor for video work. Personally I use a PC for heavier grunt work even though I ran an i7 laptop with 16GB until I gave it to the wife.

10. Fletch

Fletch Active Member

I wouldn't use overclockers .... Do a wee Google about there returns ... See how much hassle it is

Do a wee Google about there owner as well ... Another good reason not to use them!

I bought 4 high spec gaming PCs from Scan ... They are on a FPSO offshore and have had abuse from everybody that's used them and have survived very well

11. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Used scan before and another to look at. Re overclockers I will look but every company won't please everyone.
    Have u had any issues re returns ?

12. Fletch

Fletch Active Member

I haven't used them ... Its a lot more that some users that have had issues!

13. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

14. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Nice that is, I went out to buy a ultrabook the other week and and had a case of "in the eyes, around the eyes" on the way in, came out with a Macbook Pro! lol, funny coz I am a PC guy....lol

I wanted something fast, good for graphics and video, good for the jobs you "have" to do like email and www. Tbh I am also sick of pop ups, viruses and all the other day to day bugs you get with PC's when working online, you still have issues with mac and as someone who uses PC's all the time still, you have to find workarounds from one to the other, but its a breath of fresh air after so many years of PC's, drivers, windows and hardware so quickly go to pot with Windows based software, developers seem to give up...AND Windows 8/8.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stick IT!!! Id rater be on iOS, so BILL I hope your reading!!!!!

Anyway I have dual boot on the Mac so can boot into Windows 7, fonts are small on the Retina display so may try out Parallels a program that lets you run Windows 7 in a window on iOS :)

I hope my mac is worth something and keeps up the pace in the next few years, so far its been good and runs for a couple of days with normal now and then use, tbh the batt is amazing and easy does 8 hours plus with hard use. Guess I don't miss the PC that much at the mo, mind you, I am using one now....lol

• Like Like x 1