Chilled out to apoplectic in 2 miles.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Black, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Black

Black Active Member

So here I was, heading to collect materials before the supplier closed for the weekend. Materials would be ready about 3:45 and the supplier closes at 4.
    Left in plenty of time and headed of.
    Within 10 mins on the motorway I encountered two instances of lorry overtaking lorry on a hill. No biggie, it happens. Work is work.
    Another couple of miles and again a lorry is sitting next to another but gaining no ground. 40mph on level ground and not a thing in front of them. Just sitting there letting the traffic build up behind them. WTF! 2 miles later and still sitting there.
    I went from being calm and collected to being ready to drag that fool from his cab and dancing on his head.
    He then accelerates beyond and pulls in as if nothing's happened.
    Is this a secret game that's being played at other motorists expense?
    Needless to say, collection was missed and a team of guys now won't be getting their well needed weekend overtime out of it.
    I hate that shit!

2. sinewave

sinewave God Like

I'd av 'had em' via the hard shoulder in that instance.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

Two can play at that game.When you pass the pair of em, slow them right down.They cannot over take cos they don't have the power and the stream of cars going pass won't let them out.Burn their clutches out and make em change down a few gears especially going uphill.Works everytime for me.

4. Alblade

Alblade God Like

i hate that, its pointless as the truck going fractionally quicker (say 42 rather than 41 mph) after an hour would 1 mile ahead, 1 mile at 40 mph takes about 80 seconds - so that is how far 'ahead' the quicker one will be - naff all

Feel bad for you having to let the lads down who were expecting or relying on some weekend O/T out of it - also makes you look stupid for being late even though not really your fault

5. el-nicko

el-nicko Well-Known Member

Apparently it's called 'An Elephant Race'.;)

6. gringo

gringo Active Member

Well i must hold my hand up iv done this in a lorry only on motorways though and yes iv sat following at 54 when my truck will do 56 sorry but i just have to have them miles later iv done it.it wasnt me holding you up by the way

7. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Yep, anyone that's driven a lorry won't be able to throw stones in this greenhouse.
    As you get older you get wiser, much more simple to drop the cruise down 1-2 mph now adays.

• Like Like x 1