Classified's Ettiquette

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Clemo809, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Clemo809

Clemo809 Active Member

Hi all ,

I am just wondering if there is some form of buying ettiquette with our classifieds?
    Is it a first come first serve, or first to pay gets, etc etc ?

I ask because a member posted some items for sale, I was lucky I was there first to reply showing interest and asking for price, piccys, p+p. Now another member has also shown an interest and I feel a bit put out about the way it has been done.

Surley curtesy dictates he should express his interest but wait until the outcome with the first responder has been dealt with?

This is me on motoforum.net cbr1000 04-07 wheels £240 - motoforum I believe this is how we could look towards doing it so not to cause ill feeling between members fighting over items for sale.

Regards

2. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi there.

Hopefully all of us can be good enough to act grown up towards other members and use common sense in dealing with others. If however something does not seem right we may need to introduce a 'sellers guide' with some outlines etc....

The 'first come first served' seems a given to me and one that we should follow by default.

Cheers,
    Rob.

3. fisher

fisher Active Member

Makes sense to me, I hate it when I'll have something, then someone else tries to highjack the sale

4. TonyBlue

TonyBlue Active Member

All gazumpers should be met and dealt with...

5. djfleming22

djfleming22 Active Member

I agree with the term first come first served but that that does not always go when its the person selling the item .......... as said it would be a bit fairer if the buyer would give the person wishing to buy the item time to contact them back and vice versa..... as one of them may be working or something and cannot get to a computer.... but as said does not always happen

6. viper_biker

viper_biker Active Member

First person to show up with the £££ gets it. If all the people who'd said to me that they were interest in something and actually bought it I'd be a lot less stressed when selling things online.

7. JM1

JM1 Active Member

Agreed. Ultimately, it's up to the seller.

8. fisher

fisher Active Member

Theres a big difference between I'm interested and "I'll have it" though. I have seen a few peeps asking to buy an item, then another one pops along and does the deal right under their noses, I think thats bad, but like mentioned its up to the seller I suppose.

I will always let the guy who asked 1st enough time for the deal to go through, if that then falls through it goes to the next chap and so on

9. TonyBlue

TonyBlue Active Member

All's fair in love and war...

10. Brym

Brym Active Member

Also no spamming with worthless replies is a good idea. Then only serious questions/answers & offers will be there to keep the thread clean.
    Seller should clearly state a price for each item.
    Then the first person to reply to say I will have x item should get it. Then arrange payment/collection etc by private message in good time i.e. not leaving the seller hanging for days. Everyones happy then

just my thoughts

11. Clemo809

Clemo809 Active Member

Lol Viper u r NOT getting the discs !!!!!!!

Mebbe you are selling on the wrong sites then? I presume peeps on this site are going to be trustworthy enough, so you can't be cynical because you may have had some bad experience's in the past, as we are not all the same.

#11 Clemo809, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011