Comeback

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MrB, Aug 6, 2012.

1. MrB

MrB God Like

So I sold my GSXR-600 K7 in March to make way for the Blade. I utilised the showroom at work and the available advertising facilities and within 1 day it had been sold for the asking price. It was a mint 17000 mile over serviced bike that had been faultless for the 5 years I owned it.

I was clear when selling that it was a private sale and nothing to do with work.

Today I get a call from the guy who bought it saying he's had a couple of problems with the battery, dash and immobiliser. He put a new battery on and all was fine but now the problem is back. Clearly the bike's not charging the battery, reg/rec I would have thought.

He asked if I would help him out, sure I can book it into the workshop for you. Will I have to pay he said, er yes. He put the phone down.

Even if he had bought the bike from work as a stock bike he would only have received a three month warranty, as it was it's a private sale. If he had bought the bike back within a couple of weeks then yeah I would have helped but nion 6 month, no chance.

:mad:

2. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

I have sympathy for you,I get this too when selling my own pushbikes.It used to make me feel guilty but I've got wiser to these idiots.When I sell my stuff I say look you are getting this at this price otherwise I will sell u it through the shop at alot more money.So far it has worked for me.:)

3. Givover

Givover God Like

:rolleyes:I suppose its like most things these days ,you have to either spell it out or better still have it in writing and keep a copy your self .I have never sold a bike private and although you take a knock on the price on trade in '' you don't have to deal with the dreamers ''or worse !.

4. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

We get it too mate. It's all too easy to take on ownership of other peoples problems. We've got a few serial losers that we do work for that want us to do everything but push the tit on the camera. I swear, if we were to close down tomorrow they wouldn't be able to earn a living.

5. phantomx0_1

phantomx0_1 Active Member

He is clearly....... A twat!

6. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Everyone wants something for nothing these days !

And while we are on about it those magic beans you sold me are useless, the long weight you said you would give me never turned up and I'm very disapointed with my chocolate fire guard ! I demand satisfaction Sir !!

Also to add the bloke is a dick ;)

7. Jonny fireblade

Jonny fireblade Active Member

Sold triumph 955 guy complained week later that it had a nail in the tyre ffs it didnt when he left where do they grow these people

8. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Some people have balls just asking IMO, they don't get it.... Id do the same offer to book it in and discount parts....and be clear your doing it to help out..

9. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

Unbelievable. Don't feel guilty mate, it's a five year old bike with 17k on the clock, shit happens. You tried to help the dude, he's been rude if he calls again tell him to jog on.

10. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I spent two hours with a guy yesterday who I'd done some printing for and he complained that there was no detail in the shadows. We got the images up on my calibrated Eizo, no details. Opened them on his Mac Book pro, for which we needed sunglasses to see the screen and there it was.

"There's your problem, when did you last calibrate your monitor?"

"I don't need to. It's a Mac."

"Yes you do. It's a poxy, non IPS 14", gloss fronted piece of crap on a good day, and this is not a good day."

So I sat with him and adjusted his images with him until they were looking like his monitor then printed them again. Then I charged him for my time and new prints and he said he hadn't realised he'd have to pay because he wasn't happy with the first prints.

....?