Could someone please take a look

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Barney1, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Barney1

Barney1 Guest

Hi, does anyone know much about these , Arthur , Colin, dan,
    Or anyone else , eBay item number 221165065127
    Sorry my iPad wont let me post it , is it worth money ?
    or just leave alone , or has anyone got one for sale ?
    Thank you .

2. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Hi mate, looks OK, only problem is the age plate? If it has frame number etc then fair enough.. the 440 kits are good on the XR so no reason why it wouldn't be with the quad.. Not rode the air cooled before only the TRX450R but they are a much higher state of tune and service is a must.. Looks like a good place to start mate if you've not rode or raced one before, don't think I'd have problem with it as long as it runs and rides ok.. Ive rode a good few and raced some years back, loads of fun and you can catch some air time too!

Ive ridden 660raptors, Polaris preditor 500, TRX450R with a and without HRC kit, LTZ400, YFZ450, Raptor 250 and just love them all mate!

#2 arthurbikemad, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Jase

Jase Elite Member

• Like Like x 2
  4. Barney1

Barney1 Guest

Thank you Jason

5. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Looks good for the money but if you have a little extra to spend go for the 450

• Like Like x 1
  6. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Also I dunno if you agree Arthur but if you go down the rapptor route avoid the 660 as they are abit under powered the 450 raptor actually kicks the crap out of it

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jase

Jase Elite Member

:D no probs

My mate had a raptor 660 had to hold on for dear life when you rode it ,it chucked me off a few times seen it back flip down mountains a few times as well without the rider on it .I fancied a road legal one but thought I would get a blade instead .:)

• Like Like x 2
  8. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Depends on what you want it for mate? If like you said just too mess around on Id ask you have you/he rode one before? If not you may be a little surprised how "the old air cooled" goes, don't think that for a new rider it will be tame mate! Also don't want to preach but just as they have four wheels does not make them safe or easy to ride, you need to be VERY physical to nail a quad even if one of the "slower" breads, like other said the 660 is a beast with massive grunt but let me tell you a 450R can RIP and leave most MX bikes for dust! It never stops to amaze me just how that little Ha Ha 450 motor can drag your ass round a MX track!

As for quads like this on the road with a fixed axel(no diff) tbh I've never had much fun with them, you can't take your eye off the ball for a second, not so bad with rear tyres that skip but propper rubber makes them hard to turn.

#8 arthurbikemad, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  9. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

But alot of fun when the snow comes! :D
    I must of left for work 3 hours early for the week we had snow 2 years ago I work about 6 mins from home lol

• Like Like x 3
  10. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Barney the quadzilla xlc I was saying about its a great starter quad and they are great for the money I actualy kind of miss it :( not the best pic but I will try find a better one

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4