Covered in diesel by a lorry?!?! Anyone else experienced this?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by navvy10, Sep 5, 2013.

1. navvy10

navvy10 Well-Known Member

I was travelling home last night in the dark from a 'friends' house and not much of a fan of riding at night as I think full beam is the only way to really see more than 15m of road ahead.... anyways I came up behind a lorry and over took it on a left hand bend where the road was clear and as I passed him I got covered in a shower of diesel. I noticed it immediately and then smelt it was diesel almost straight away. To say I was annoyed would be hugely under playing my emotions at the time. I was tempted to try to pull him over and explain what he had just done to my 1k leathers but I didn't bother in the end.

I am guessing he had left the fuel cap off after filling up?? Helps explain why so many roundabouts and bends have diesel all over them :(

2. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

Some lorries have vents in the filler neck which pours out fuel when overfilled.These idiots don't see the carnage they leave behind when the fuel pours out all over the roads.

• Like Like x 1
  3. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

I'd have deffo pull him over - problem is communicating with them. If they're not foreign drivers, then trying to explain what's happened through a helmet is tricky. I discovered this when a lorry was dragging his trailer with it's brakes locked on down a busy dual carriageway causing a massive cloud of tyre smoke and rubber behind him. When I pulled up alongside at the next roundabout I tried to explain the carnage he was causing but all I got were blank looks and "can't hear you mate" shouted back down to me. I gave up and rode off once cars started to build up behind us. Muppet.

4. Yorkshire Tyke

Yorkshire Tyke Elite Member

This sort of prick should have his hands handcuffed to a tree and his ballbag chained to the back of my blade while I wheelie off in first gear!! C*nts like this cause no end of motorcycle accidents, why can no one take responsibility for their actions on the roads. Although bikers get a bad name for being lunatics, I think 99% of us give respect to other road users and are very considerate, even if we are going quick as fcuk!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. navvy10

navvy10 Well-Known Member

Amen Tyke ;)