Credit/ Bank fraud

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by tuktuk, May 7, 2018.

1. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Anyone had to deal with this?

Just logged onto my credit card and noticed a load of itunes transactions. £100 some of them, most £10 to £20 quid.

Contacted the provider and they are sending out forms etc.

Just wondering if its best to also get a new bank card even though that account looks to be ok? Guessing if they managed to get c.card details they could also have my other card info?

2. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

I would ask your bank how the transactions were made. It could be through card cloning, someone who's got your card details and CVV (3 digit card no) or through a saved card on a website. Unfortunately there are many people and places selling stolen card data.

Either way it's worth getting a new card.

If you use the same password and security questions on websites it also worth changing those too, just to be sure.

It shouldn't be too difficult to get the cash back from the bank.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

The accounts are from different providers so im guessing should be ok but will ask for a new card on the bank account too just incase.

Good shout on the security questions etc.

Theiving gits :mad:

4. dainesefreak

They usually take small amounts for a while hoping you won't notice. The larger amounts happen when they're convinced you haven't noticed or are getting ready to blow the card away. Sometimes they sell the details on knowing the card's not valid, who'd trust criminals eh! ;)

5. Abb

Abb Active Member

Yep. Had my details stolen and used to the tune of a couple of grand in a matter of 2 days! `everything from parking to online shopping. Spoke to the bank who refunded my money within 24hrs, and reported to :

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

As above, started off with minor amounts and then went bonkers! I was travelling out of the country at the time and the bank had actually tried contacting me, but due to me being in flight, I obviously didn't get the call.
    When I eventually returned the call to them, it came to light! They noticed the 'abnormal' activity and placed my account on 'hold' until they had spoken to me.
    All things considered, it got sorted out quite quickly and smoothly.

6. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Cancelled all my cards. Removed from paypal etc just incase.

Hopefully the paperwork arrives in the next few days so they can sort the refund before I pay the thing off.

7. dainesefreak

Sounds like a pain in the arse.

8. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

I say all my cards... ive only got bank and the credit card, plus loads of loyalty cards, which shows im not that loyal :D

Card issuer has refunded me and paperwork is sorted. Just waiting on new cards to arrive and im good to go.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

poor chap if wish you quick & full recovery

not a nice experience