credit card - cash

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Julian, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Julian

Julian Active Member

Hopefully going to look at a Hypermotard during the week, it's a private sell so a cash transaction, I'm a couple of K short, if it was a shop I could bang it straight on the credit card, how can I convert a credit card to cash in my account without paying any exorbitant fees etc ...any ideas please ladies and gents

2. Muffking

Muffking God Like

If it's urgent see if he'll take a part payment via PayPal even if you pay via Gift as you're collecting in person. Alternatively, see if you can do a credit card balance transfer to your bank using the long number on your bank card as the payee.

If it's not urgent and you have time to sign up for a new card then Halifax do a credit card with no fees for cash withdrawals.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Great Guy

Great Guy Well-Known Member

What is a Hypermotard? It does not sound good. It will break and be rubbish.

• Like Like x 1
  4. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

The Duke Hypermotards are great bikes.

If you sign for a new card with 0% on transfers then just use the card and then immediately transfer it to the new card. (or get a loan)

5. jamie meads

jamie meads New Member

Pay pal gift is the way forward. If it's done via gift there can't be no reason for him to say no. Will be in and done in seconds. Make sure you set your credit card up with PayPal first or you may look a little silly if they require authenticity like when you add a bank account

6. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Not sure if this will work with a credit card but does with debit

Send cash to your PayPal account with your credit card (free) then transfer your PayPal balance to your
    Registered bank account

7. Sam Bird

Sam Bird New Member

But the first time you do a large transaction like that it takes 72 hours for the funds to transfer to your account, so if you need it faster than 3 days the only way around it is PayPal gift it to him.

8. scooby

scooby Elite Member

be easier+cheaper to just get a loan CC charge from the moment you get a cash advance@somewhere around 30%.

9. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

if you want to pay by credit card get him to send you a money request/invoice via PayPal as you can use your credit card to pay that

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

As a seller would you accept 2k through PayPal? I wouldn't due to charges and hassle

11. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

i would look on the martin lewis" money saving expert" website under the money/ credit card bit ,as he seems to know the best way to do stuff like that.