Curb - 1……..SLK Carlos Fandango Wheels – 0

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Freedom of choice, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

L was forced into the curb on the way home from the station this evening by some old biffer on her side of the road, apparently he was oblivious to her flashing her lights, or the fact he was doing anything wrong. She didn’t have time to get his number so it’s down to us to get the wheels repaired.

I don’t want to go to Mercedes-Benz as even with my discount it will still cost an arm and a bloody leg.

Has anyone got any idea who we should use?

PS…..Yes I know the wheels are minging, but she is quite capable of washing her own car !!

Front wheel:
    Front wheel.jpg

Rear wheel:
    Rear wheel.jpg

2. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

You are joking? Tis a tiny scratch!

Need to try living round here in the urban jungle and letting my mrs lose in the car... Hers looks like its been driven over a mine compared to that! :(

3. wedgiewolves#223

wedgiewolves#223 God Like

Small medium sand paper take the edge off when becomes a little dirty you won't even notice it

4. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Jimbo's right David. A little bubo like that, a geezer in a van should be able to sort it in an hour or so. 40 minutes if you get Ling to wear a short skirt. Half and hour if you do.

Most mobile dent and scratch company's do wheels too now mate.

5. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

Most smart repairers do it but are not the best.No oven, only do face side and probably flake off in a few months.Anyone who does refurbing properly do the whole wheel without the tyre and use a baking oven.Some places have wheels ready for collection.Have a look at the finish before letting them have yours.
    if you're willing to come to Medway Lepsons or a mate Hayes at shearspeedcustompaintwork.co.uk.

6. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

James, Ken…You should know me by now…..things have to be like they should be.

We have been having a few little words, not that I am in the slightest bit annoyed about the wheels. All I did was mention that if she had let me buy our friends, immaculate, fully loaded, low mileage, two year old Range Rover Vogue she could have driven right over the top of the silly old sod….I was just saying…but it seems the entire episode is now my fault. What she said was “I’ve told you I am not driving a f%@king tank” but I am guessing it’s just her way of saying “you were right”

Sideways….thanks mate if I can’t get them fixed locally I might take you up.

7. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Agree, tiz but a minor scratch and it will happen again so personally wouldn't bother.

U wanna see the state of the lovely 19" AMG wheels on my Wife's Merc, I coulda Cried! :(

Might post some pix tomorrow to make ya feel better! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1