D3O Armour

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Barstewardsquad, Jun 29, 2023.

1. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Treated myself to some new bike jeans, Hood K7/AAA. I upgraded the armour to D3O Ghost L2, and holy shit that stuff is light and flexible.

Jeans seem pretty good but will give them a decent run out on saturday. I went for the lined version rather than the lighter, more breathable single layer options out there as I'm not 100% convinced on their protection levels.

https://www.d3o.com/partner-support/products/ghost-l2-limb-protectors/

• Like Like x 3
  2. bladey

bladey Senior Member

Yes. Son has replaced the armour inside an older one piece with D30 and has said the same. Have it in mind for my MJK's.

3. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

I thought hood only did the lined version. I've had mine since about 2005!! & very happy with them although did not like the way the armours are attached to the jeans.
    After goor leather, line jeans give you the next best protection.

I also have single layer which are the most convinient in warm weather & low speed runs

4. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

That's correct, Hood do only do lined jeans. I was considering Roadskin for single layered, and they didn't have lined ones in my size.

5. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

the only other lines ones I have seen are on ebay, total waste of money.
    When I bought mine, it was only Hoods & dragging jeans and they were both fully lined.
    At the time Hoods lining was all the way from waiste to near the ankle. Partial lining is just a cheat (according to me;))

• Like Like x 1