Dakar Starts Jan 5th til Jan 20th on Eurosports

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Jase, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Jase

Jase Elite Member

As the title says if you have not watched this before its well worth watching as it really is fantastic as it has motorbikes,quads,cars,trucks all taking part.

http://www.dakar.com

Look out for Simon Pavey http://www.simonpavey.com he runs an off road training school for motorbikes in south wales and its the first year he has a support team behind him,its his 9th Dakar and the last few he has done the riding and the fixing which for anyone to do this gets my upmost respect as after a day of riding in the conditions they face must be knackered.

#1 Jase, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

I've not watched the Dakar for a few years now, but I'll be keeping an eye on this 1.

Hopefully the coverage is pretty decent this time.

3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I often tune in to it. Have to admit its the awesomeness of the trucks competing that blows me away.

4. Jase

Jase Elite Member

There is some fantastic coverage they show from the helicopters,these people that do it are so commited i would love to try it but i would die trying.Plus its not cheep to enter they reckon about 60k euros by the time you have finished with everything involved .

5. AshBlade

AshBlade Riding Goddess

The Dakar is the main reason i pay for Sky HD ...... 2 weeks of awesome telly viewing... love it.:D:cool:

6. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

I'll be watching it for the Race2Recovery lads (& lass) who are all serving or ex service injured personnel missing various body parts, mostly British but there an American Marine in the team and a South African lass I think.

7. lee711

lee711 Active Member

seen this on Northwest news the other night - A man has remortgaged his house to raise £70,000 to take part in one of the world's toughest off-road races.

Lyndon Poskitt, a BAE Systems engineer from Garstang in Lancashire, is preparing to compete in the Dakar Rally on a motorbike he built himself.

BBC News - Engineer's Dakar Rally challenge on self-built bike

8. Stealth

Stealth Active Member

I can only watch in awe as these men and women take motorcycling to a different level. It has to be said though that only the chosen few with the factory backing have a realistic chance of winning.

9. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

stunning heads up and now Sky +