Dartford crossing penalty charges

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by tuktuk, Jun 30, 2018.

1. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Had a works trip recently and used both the bridge and tunnel. This was on a Thurs and I didnt make payment online till Saturday morning, not realising it should have been paid by midnight the next day.

Anyways, got the penalty charges for each way, problem is I was in the works rental van so enterprise have added their admin fee which means its costing £140 total :eek:

Anyone got experiance of disputing the charges? I had paid without being prompted, albeit the morning after I should have, so wondering if not being from that region they might be kind to me as a Northerner and cancel the citations. Wishful thinking?

Can claim it back off the company but its alot of expense for being a few hours late!

2. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Call them up.

I have had something slightly similar where the charges were over 220 quid.
    Phone them, be nice and explain that you actually paid - albeit belatedly and they *may* drop the fine.
    In my case I had to pay only the normal crossing fees and the fine was dropped.

Good luck

3. Naz

Naz Active Member

As Hitch says, give them a call, if you tell them it’s your first time crossing and it’s a rental vehicle they do consider reducing the charge amount

4. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Cheers guys. Will try them monday.

Enterprise have said if dartford drop the charges then they will refund the admin charges. Fingers crossed.